2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope this is the right place to post about this.
I am planning to install an aftermarket head unit on my 2012 9th Gen Civic, but in my country I can find very few info and parts for this. I was reading this forum for some days and I'm trying to figure it out what parts I will need for this.
I would like to install an aftermarket unit, maybe a Pioneer unit with Android Auto (anyone can recommend something?) and also try to make the wheel control to work with the new head unit. I saw it is possible but I'm not sure about the parts I need to achieve this.
I am also wondering if I will lose the functionality of the iMID screen? The backup camera will still work on the iMID? It is possible to make the backup camera work with the new aftermarket head unit? If anyone have any suggestions of threads or links, I am thankful for this!
For now I think I found the fascia and some adapters that I think will help me to use the wheel controls, am I right? (Connects2 Car Stereo Fitting Kit Double DIN Facia Radio Installation For Honda - CTKHD06L - can't post links - can anyone confirm if this is the right part?)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hello everyone, hope this is the right place to post about this.
I am planning to install an aftermarket head unit on my 2012 9th Gen Civic, but in my country I can find very few info and parts for this. I was reading this forum for some days and I'm trying to figure it out what parts I will need for this.
I would like to install an aftermarket unit, maybe a Pioneer unit with Android Auto (anyone can recommend something?) and also try to make the wheel control to work with the new head unit. I saw it is possible but I'm not sure about the parts I need to achieve this.
I am also wondering if I will lose the functionality of the iMID screen? The backup camera will still work on the iMID? It is possible to make the backup camera work with the new aftermarket head unit? If anyone have any suggestions of threads or links, I am thankful for this!
For now I think I found the fascia and some adapters that I think will help me to use the wheel controls, am I right? (Connects2 Car Stereo Fitting Kit Double DIN Facia Radio Installation For Honda - CTKHD06L - can't post links - can anyone confirm if this is the right part?)
Yes,the part with code CTKHD06L is correct part for Left Hand Drive cars
Don't forget to order the patch lead for your brand of Head Unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,the part with code CTKHD06L is correct part for Left Hand Drive cars
Don't forget to order the patch lead for your brand of Head Unit.
Thank you for confirming this. The patch lead is included in that order, right? Do you have any recommendation for the head unit, something under 500 euros..
Have a good day! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I bought a used Pioneer AVH-X5500BT & Pioneer Navigation AVIC-F250 for 290GBP now i am waiting double din fascia with adapter from my installer.
You can buy Pioneer or Alpine, i think they are the best.
For the patch lead you will have to choose one from the brand you will install. It is not the same for all brands
Have a nice day too

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J105F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get all the parts soon and I'm willing to install the unit and fascia by myself. I was wondering if it is required to remove the car's battery connectors before installing the new head unit or I can install it without doing this.. ?

Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts