2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Anyone here that has had their car dipped?

I saw a couple of videoes on YouTube and I have fallen in love with it!

Search for dip your car og just go to www.dipyourcar.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
i just "painted" my door handles and tank fuel cap in black. I will put some picz this evening in my modification thread...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more about a full dip. My car is up next! Black matte maybe? Or white matte?

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
That definitely looks interesting was gonna get a matt black wrap done. May have to reconsider.lol:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also A LOT cheaper than a paint job or a full vinyl wrap. :D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I Plastidip'd my brothers wing mirrors on his car using the rattle can as i was wanting to experiment.

Looked great and was really easy to reply - i put 4 light coats on with a heavier 5th coat.

However after a few days stone chips has sliced and punctured the coating and the white came back through.

I dont know if the professional stuff would be better where you use the airless gun, or if a primer is needed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Plastidip'd my brothers wing mirrors on his car using the rattle can as i was wanting to experiment.

Looked great and was really easy to reply - i put 4 light coats on with a heavier 5th coat.

However after a few days stone chips has sliced and punctured the coating and the white came back through.

I dont know if the professional stuff would be better where you use the airless gun, or if a primer is needed.

What?? :(

How many coats did you use?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put 5 coat on in total. each coat slightly thicker than the previous.
And even so it chiped? Hmm.. Not good!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
And even so it chiped? Hmm.. Not good!
it did. I used there 300ml spray can. Not sure if the professional mix one would be any better. But still chipping after 2 days isnt very good.

I never used any plastidip primer, but dont see that stopping the chipping.

I might give it another try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts