2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo I kinda got bored of blueish silver, and I've been looking into plastidipping odd little bits of the car for a fair while.

It came out pretty well, so I decided to do the entire car. I remembered seeing the "unusual" civic on here which was plastidipped, which didn't really get a warm welcome. But the job itself looked a good one, so I got into contact with Hurricane Customs, down in Southampton, relatively local to me.

Got into contact, James was helpful, so I went for it. So glad I did!

Looks AMAZING. Cameras don't do it justice, but I'm going to try and get a better set of pictures tomorrow with a proper camera! Curious as to what you guys think?

Ties in with my mod thread, The Phoenix Project

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Not a fan of the door handles being dipped the same colour (I like how they stand out usually), but that Orange is fantastic! :D How much did that set you back and how long did it take, if you don't mind my asking? (I've got an MR2 that could benefit from something like that!)

·
CTR
538 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Would look with white wheels as the black ones look lost now with the bright colour of the car but looks fab.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts
Plasti dip looks better than I originally thought. Have to do another meet John so I can see your motor in the flesh. Very happy the new venture is working out mate :)

Just a quick question, is the arch trim the standard 5-door one? If so do you know how they got it to fit to the splitter.
Looks a standard 5 door arch and custom cut to fit the splitter (3rd and 7th image)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for the slow replies guys, things have been hectic lately.

The petrol cap is just three bolts to undo and it comes off!
Next time I get 5 minutes I'll get on it, awesome.

Not a fan of the door handles being dipped the same colour (I like how they stand out usually), but that Orange is fantastic! :D How much did that set you back and how long did it take, if you don't mind my asking? (I've got an MR2 that could benefit from something like that!)
I was in two minds about this, I'll probably take the door handles off and do them black, the driver's side one needs replacing anyway as a clip has broken.

Just a quick question, is the arch trim the standard 5-door one? If so do you know how they got it to fit to the splitter.
It is, and a lot of pain and agony apperently :facepalm: I didn't realise how much of a job it was, but to his credit he did it, took two days, plastic welding, and various other bits and bobs but he did it!

Plasti dip looks better than I originally thought. Have to do another meet John so I can see your motor in the flesh. Very happy the new venture is working out mate :)

Looks a standard 5 door arch and custom cut to fit the splitter (3rd and 7th image)
I'm quite happy to meet you over there at somepoint, I'm often in Southampton anyway.

I am still curious to see how long it'll last, I hope once it cures completely after a month, it should be essentially like paint. So far it does like to pick up dust, and I work near a gravel quarry, yay. But yeah, so far so good!

For those interested in the price, I paid £550~ for the actual plastidipping, then extra for bonding & smoothing the spoiler and the trim, total £712 and 4 days. (Cut it close due to the insane amount of work with the front splitter!)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts