2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting some new plates for car as especially front doesn't look that good

Was wanting the square type for front and back

Just wanting to know whats the minimum road legal size for square plates and also where's best place to order from online

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, yeah got it then next day started 4 12 hour shifts, just finished, hopefully be washing and take some pics in next few days when off then I'll change it mate

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
You can only have square plates if its imported

You won't pass a MOT. Or you will if you know someone who's willing to let it go but most won't

We failed a integra type r and the lad complained about it so we told him why and had to prove it was a import...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can only have square plates if its imported

You won't pass a MOT. Or you will if you know someone who's willing to let it go but most won't

We failed a integra type r and the lad complained about it so we told him why and had to prove it was a import...
Wey all fd2s imported so square be fine on mying mate

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you still have to have the uk legal bit on bottom corner when it's import

Was thinking bout getting 13x6 front and back will this be ok?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah goina get 3d black with type r badge on
13x6.5 meant to be import size but some just do 13x7, dunno if this still be ok

·
Registered
372 Posts
Order from that craigsplates I linked you to last night if they do the font you want. There is a form online somewhere that shows you're allowed smaller characters on the plate IIRC. Print one off and carry it with you in the car incase you get stopped. I've never been stopped for a small plate on my motorbikes but each police force has a different attitude towards them.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
just measured the plates 13x7 and being an import you can have the smaller text and numbers. I read into this a lot as I am planning to put a private plate on with the smaller text and numbers. It also has all the details you need like the corner number etc...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers mate

On Craigsplates website it says standard import size 13x6.5 but probs go for them off platesforcars coz wanting black 3d gel with type r logos on, only do 13x7 or 13x6 on there so will go for 13x6 double the price on here but be worth it as will look better

1 - 20 of 27 Posts