2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if someone has try to do it.
But do you think it will be possible ? The hack of the 'splash screen' is an open point for doing this, no ?
Is there a genious who can do a 'dvd player cd' :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. Basically we'd need the AutoPC/Windows CE .net developer's tools.
No doubt Windows Media player could do the trick.
Since we don't have bluetooth here in the US I'd like to find a way to do that too.
The Navi unit on the US range have a PC card slot, 6 CD changer and the DVD drive.
I figure with the right drivers and a Bluetooth PC card (assuming that the circuitry isn't already there and just not being activated) I might be able to rig something up.
Now I just need to get a hold of a copy of the UK Sat Nav DVD....

The other video possiblity is splitting the video input with a switchbox so you could have multiple sources coming into the display. Not totally sure but its been done on prior model years before I think.
This would also require another DVD player though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, installing a switchbox will be a solution. But we have already the dvd player and the screen. So it will be better to use it :)
I don't know how you want to use the bluetooth to play dvd ?
So you think it's windowsCE in the SatNav ?

Others ideas ?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It is a variant of WinCE, but modifying the code is not easy. By far the easiest way to do this (and it avoids the problem of the whole system stopping when there is no DVD in the drive) is by conning the system that the car is in reverse, and using a video switcher. I shall do some research - actually because I'd like to fit a front camera, but the DVD option will be an offshoot.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Pottsy said:
I shall do some research - actually because I'd like to fit a front camera, but the DVD option will be an offshoot.
How about an infrared camera like the one on new S-Class Mercs? So you could literally see in the dark :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Copycat said:
Pottsy said:
I shall do some research - actually because I'd like to fit a front camera, but the DVD option will be an offshoot.
How about an infrared camera like the one on new S-Class Mercs? So you could literally see in the dark :wink:
Now that Idea I like :p

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Yeah, and a gun that points the way the driver is looking. Its a car not an Apache. :lol:

Lasers, hellfires, now we are talking, anyone fancy photoshopping that one up, a camoflage grown up Civic, with hellfires.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice idea the infra-red camera in front of the car. If you can make an 'How To', I think it will be appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That infa red camera idea sounds good but I heard that the guys at the Transport Safety Dept are not to keen as they reckon it will allow you to drive faster in the dark, and very likely no one else has the infa red to see you coming!!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I will add a [HOW TO] as the IR Cam sounds like such a cool idea I think i'm going to give it a go!

All I need now is a car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts