2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just bought a newly '13 9G (woohoo!), and want to ask question to those who play music from iPhone (4/5) via bluetooth - does your i-mid show current track artist/name tags on screen? Because i've tried today, and it surely can play music and switch tracks, but no track artist/name on i-mid, just empty screen with bluetooth logo.

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just bought a newly '13 9G (woohoo!), and want to ask question to those who play music from iPhone (4/5) via bluetooth - does your i-mid show current track artist/name tags on screen? Because i've tried today, and it surely can play music and switch tracks, but no track artist/name on i-mid, just empty screen with bluetooth logo.
Hi, From what i understand, you need to have the device plugged into the USB port for it to display the track info. I may be wrong though as i've not really used it to stream music much, i have a 64GB flash drive with all my music on and that displays the track info fine. I also believe if you want the album artwork to be displayed in your i-mid it needs to be an apple device and connected via USB also. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm all of this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, i know about artwork/track info from iPod/iPhone through USB. But in car's manual, on the page with instructions of how-to play music via bluetooth, there is a screenshot, with artist name/track name. So i'm a bit curious - is something wrong with my iPhone, or it should work in that way, and that screenshot was photoshop'ed by Honda :)

Here it is:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm afraid the issue is with the iPhone and Apples's implementation of the AVRCP Profile. They basically messed it up in iOS6 and are supposedly working on a fix :mad:

Android phones seem to work ok.

BTW track info and artwork fine via the USB connection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid the issue is with the iPhone and Apples's implementation of the AVRCP Profile. They basically messed it up in iOS6 and are supposedly working on a fix :mad:
Sounds optimistic, will wait for fix :) Thanks for clarification!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts