2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there people

i want to trouble all the regulars and bassheads for some help and advice, whose responses i will carefully consider and gauge to assist in helping me make a cost effective and final decision to act upon

hi there

hope you dont mind me pm ing you

ive been checking posts for advice and making notes along the way

just need some advice on speakers for a civc ive just got mine and sounds rubbish so i wanna upgrade things is i wanted a 4 speaker 2 sub box 2 amped system where 1 4 channel amp poweres the insides and 1 2 channel amp poweres the sub box housing say 2 10's

thing is the stereo has 4 speakers and thats it i want to add a sub output independantly can it be done?

or do you think its better to have a 2 speaker in front and 2 sub in a box set up all running off a 4 channel amp by takeing outputs from the hu to the speakers and use loc's to run them to a single 4 channel amp where the sub sits in the boot i just need a tighter sound not really a full to the brim to exploding

i have installed before so im a little better than a novice but not great i admit (alwayts aim low never big up unless u can avoid it lol )

thnaks for your advice once again upfront

damn its not my speeling its ma typing i cant type but trust me i can speel

aleem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Killah Install

No Mark,

Oh! sorry thanks for replying to my post 1stly I was hoping to collect some valuable feedback from fellow Civic Members then to review what all had to say and put all the common thoughts together to make an install plan. Thing is I think i posted at the wrong time cos I didnt get much of a response..guess every1 was drunk over Xmas and new year

No I havent started yet just putting a budget together and an install list so far thats all.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

aleem

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Hi i am thinking about same upgrade as you but just one sub box 15" how much you prepare to spend for it?? and did you start looking for speaker or anytihing??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few replies coming in!!!

Hi there Pietka and greetings to Northern Ireland.

Well luckily for me I have all the fitments amps subs and all wiring from my older car so I'm going to lay it all out and put together the bits and pieces I need from the forum and start.

I think I will have to only spend money on some front fill and possibly rear door fill depending on the setup allowances from others in the forum

Thanks for the reply

Aleem

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
hi , think it will be hard to do the set up you are talking about . Here is what i would do , get a decent 2 channel amp and a nice stong mono block ! 2 pairs of identical 6,5" splits for front and rear doors ! must be 4 ohm ! connect front and rear ,right hand side on one channel in paralell making them 2 ohm , and do the same with the left ! only thing you loose out on is been able to fade to front or rear ! then normal connection for the sub ! works well !!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts