2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to take my Type r back to honda tomorrow for a recall and it is also having a number of issues looked at from previous 'repairs' and warranty work. There are five seperate issues that it is having to go back for - dash noise ongoing despite three seperate visits to dealer for repair, loud steering noise when pulling off, rust on both doors, significant wear to steering wheel after a year of owning from new, fuse box recall.

When booking in I was told I would have to pay for a courtesy car if I wanted/needed one. My issue is that if the car was right from day one, as it was new, then I shouldn't be making my sixth (approx) visit back to the dealer on my day off so they can fix these again. If the car functioned as it should (and was one reason why I chose to by a new one) then I should not be having to keep going back and forth wasting my loads of my time.

Am I in my rights to demand a courtesy car as the issues with the car are not my fault and all need replacing or repairing under warranty.

I was hoping for some advice from anyone who has had similiar experiences like these?

Can anyone help with this?

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
In such cases I only have to pay for the fuel in my courtesy car. Which is normal I guess, as I would have to pay for fuel in my own car too.
Usage is also limited to a certain amount of kms a day.

K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts