2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to my dealership Honda in Portugal to mount my EIbach pro Kit springs and i notice that front springs have the Eibach logo right upside, but in the rear the eibach logo and ref is upside down, the rubber protection Spring envolved is on Top and the thin coils are up, is the rear Spring well mounted?He says its ok, but im in doubt, please help
sorry my bad engilsh:confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think because they are progressive but they come without the manual so the employe think the rubber was on the top.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
What difference can it possibly make which way up the spring is fitted?

Rears are wound tighter on the bottom of the spring and have a plastic sleeve to reduce noise and protect the spring when compressed. Fronts are other way around, sitting over the damper rather than independent of it. :eibach: logo should be the right way round, not upside down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what i told to the man, but he is the Honda mecanichs not me, tomorrow i will go to Honda dealership to change the rear springs position right upside logo.
Thanks mate.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Thats what i told to the man, but he is the Honda mecanichs not me, tomorrow i will go to Honda dealership to change the rear springs position right upside logo.
Thanks mate.
:thumbsup:

Why wouldn't they still be just as progressive whichever way they were fitted?
I kinda know what your getting at Jon, but if they're the wrong way around you wouldn't get the same amount of "travel" in the spring, surely ?

...and what've you been drinking tonight ? Think I'd like some ! ;-)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
I kinda know what your getting at Jon, but if they're the wrong way around you wouldn't get the same amount of "travel" in the spring, surely ?
Imagine holding a spring between the palms of your hands and compressing it... whichever orientation you hold it, the force required and the spring response will be the same.

...and what've you been drinking tonight ? Think I'd like some ! ;-)
Hobsons 'Town Cryer', a local brew from Cleobury Mortimer. How can you tell... am I being a bit lairy tonight?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Imagine holding a spring between the palms of your hands and compressing it... whichever orientation you hold it, the force required and the spring response will be the same.

Hobsons 'Town Cryer', a local brew from Cleobury Mortimer. How can you tell... am I being a bit lairy tonight?
Just a wee bit, you're not you're usual "happy & tolerant" self. ;-)

Might have to give that one a try. :cheers:

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
Just a wee bit, you're not you're usual "happy & tolerant" self. ;-)

Might have to give that one a try. :cheers:
No longer 'happy and tolerant'. In a partial defence, some of our posts crossed and it looks like I was addressing you when I wasn't (i.e. post 5)!

Bet you don't find any Hobsons beer... it's a very local brewery, but most pubs around here have a least one of theirs.

I guess if I was having springs fitted, the little bit of OCD in me would want the writing to be the right way up.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
No longer 'happy and tolerant'. In a partial defence, some of our posts crossed and it looks like I was addressing you when I wasn't (i.e. post 5)!

Doesnae matter bud. ;)

Bet you don't find any Hobsons beer... it's a very local brewery, but most pubs around here have a least one of theirs.

Nearest one to me is in Whitchurch, according to their pub finder, Distance: 266.1 miles Time: 4 hr 53 min (AA Routeplanner) [smilie=holyshit.gi:

Can order on-line though, from their shop ! :D

[url=http://www.easycatalog.net/home/hobson/]Hobsons Award Winning Real Ales[/url]

I guess if I was having springs fitted, the little bit of OCD in me would want the writing to be the right way up.
I'm sure that chap in the YouTube clip said why they should be fitted that way round. Maybe, as tighter coils on the bottom compress to a point where they can compress no more, they add to the progressive feel of the upper coils that still can ? Or is the Rioja talking again ? :facepalm:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well, problem solved, springs turned right upside with right logo eibach
I think its more softer running on bad roads, maybe its placebo but...

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Well, problem solved, springs turned right upside with right logo eibach
I think its more softer running on bad roads, maybe its placebo but...
:thumbsup:

Sent via overworked, overweight & underpaid carrier pigeon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts