2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
After a big storm a couple of days ago My Honda Civic 2008 ( type S ) wouldn't start. It turns over.. but very slowly almost like its going to give up but nothing else happens. All the lights, radio etc come on. I dont think its a battery issue.
Ive never had any problems like this, except that recently I have noticed on a couple of occasions early in the morning it has developed a slugglish start. But this has only been a couple of times... but now its decided to give up!
Appreciate anyones help on this. I have looked up some of the issues and the 'main relay' comes up. But even after lloking at videos etc its really hard to find the location of the relay on my model car.. if it is that! thanks.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Does sound like a battery issue to me, why do you think it isn't? But maybe you have a developed a bad connection? If you're really sure it isn't the battery, then check the battery terminals and the engine earthing straps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure it isnt the battery tbh, I had a service a couple of months ago and the battery test was 12.6 volts which apparently is good. Im hoping it is the battery as thats an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Could be a bad cell in the battery had this happen in a Volvo s40
I had no warning just went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It does sound like the battery, it may not have 12.6v in it anymore so may not have enough power to actually start the car.

I've brought myself a volt meter to check my battery, the new Honda batteries no longer have the battery level indicator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. It was the battery in the end! Recently Ive been working from home a lot and only using my car to go the short distance to the gym and back. I go in the mornings when its dark, cold and often raining so radio, lights, heating, wipers are all on and the short distance isnt helping to charge the battery sufficiently I imagine especially as it probably needed replacing. Thanks for the help. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts