2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need to able get a replacement plastic fixing behind the one of the door handles (the flourescent green part). A screw goes into this but I stripped the thread due to overtightening. Can someone tell me what is the name of the part? The local dealer is not able to help me. Thanks.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
You could put a couple of match sticks in the hole, which will act as shims & then the screw should be ok, if that makes sense?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes,I've confirmed with Lings Honda that #36 is indeed the correct (equivalent) part. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is cheaper / faster to buy online from the UK than get the local dealer to order the parts. I just wish the full parts listing for the 9g civic was available online. It would then enable me to order parts that are not normally available for my model variant. For example, tweeter and subwoofer unit.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
It is cheaper / faster to buy online from the UK than get the local dealer to order the parts. I just wish the full parts listing for the 9g civic was available online. It would then enable me to order parts that are not normally available for my model variant. For example, tweeter and subwoofer unit.
Not only will it be faster to get it online, but easier as Honda Australia will say we do not have this part in our database.

See if Cox Motor Group as that part cheaper as they can also provide other things that our dealers do not offer.

Your dealer is useless!! :)
Honda Australia is useless.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Grayfox,

I agree that Honda Australia has been quite incompetent. They have seen their market share slip dramatically in the Aussie market. They need to entice people back to the brand by ensuring they don't despec (like remove auto-stop, bluetooth, cruise control, sat nav) and overprice cars. Also, some dealers (sales , service) can be arrogant and unhelpful. Honda are lucky they still have some loyal customers.

The other day, I was phoned by a market research company (on behalf of Honda Australia). From the type of questions asked it seemed to me they were gaugeing interest on bringing in the EXGT model (thats the top of line one with panoramic glass roof and sat nav). Knowing Honda Australia though, it will be overpriced and despecced...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts