2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Sure this has been covered before, but i need some advice.

Wanting to change all my tyres on my Civic.

2009 - 2.2 EX with 9k on clock. 17" Alloy

I've only had the car a few months but it seems to have a really rough ride quality with lots of road noise.

What tyre size and brand would you recommend.

Thinking i dont mind going up a profile if it helps with comfort and ride quality.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
If you aren't opting for full out grip, you might want to take a look at Michelin Pilot Primary tyres, offering a blend of grip, ride quality and tyre wear (it was originally designed for this purpose).

Avoid hard tyre compound such as Bridgestone S001. Some of the softer tyre compound may seem ideal but you can easily get uneven wear on the Civic.
You can go up a profile to 16" but you will sacrifice grip (less tread width at 205 vs 225 on 17") against comfort.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
On my 2009 1.8 EX-GT I tried Conti S3 and Potenza's (Crap in the wet and wore quickly), but finally ended up with a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Primacy's which were fantastic... OK I don't throw the car around bends to much, but the grip was fine and they were very, very quiet! The ride was much better and they seemed to wear OK to :) I highly recommend them :top:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
My 1.8 had 16" Conti Viking winter shoes and 17" Michelin summer shoes

First, I changed to Conti Sport 17"

Now, running the latest 16" Conti Viking winter shoes and 18" Goodyear Eagle summer shoes

I can honestly say that the difference in comfort between them all, is almost imperceptible

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I have Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 and they are much better than the Michelin Pilot Sport they replaced. I have the XL version which means they are stiffer, if you went for the normal version which is not XL then they would ride even better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks all, just so shocked that a car with only 9,000 miles is so loud and such a rough ride

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
Don't forget to get the wheels checked for alinement. That might make abit of diffrence as well. might cost about £35 to get them checked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts