2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm just about to get a 1 year used 2013 Civic FK.
The car will waxed/polished from the dealer when I receive it so I would like to think I don't need to do anything like that on the car for a while.

But I was thinking since the car is almost new and all, what would be the best to use ? polish or wax ?

I have used Autoglym polish on all my previous cars with great success.
I think its an in one product containing a gentle polishing agent and wax together.

But, I was thinking to my self that I would not need to use a polish only wax ?
Any thoughts ?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I'm not sure what the dealer 'valets' are like in Norway, but here in the UK, I dont let them anywhere near my cars, if the paintwork is in good condition you dont need to bother with a polish, AGSRP doesnt (to my knowledge) have any protection however it does have fillers which can help to mask swirls/marring, have a look at FK1000P, great product, can be used on all surfaces (paintwork/glass/trim/wheels etc) that will protect your car for around 6 months!

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Polish & wax are different products. AGSRP does have some protection, but very little. If your car is swirl free then I would probably not polish it, just add either a wax or sealant of your choice.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
As the lads above has said, if you feel like polishing it yourself then yes use super resin polish but always follow up with your wax to seal the paint then continue waxing every 3 months or so.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok super thanks for quick answers!

Extra Gloss Protection seems like a good product for this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts