2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I would just like to get opinions on pollen filters. According to our local Honda dealer, this is only changed every 2 years (or at the appropriate mileage), which is quite strange to me, as I always change the one in my Hyundai at least every year (and it needs it lol!).
As the genuine Honda filters seem to be around the £22 mark, I wondered if anyone has found any other makes to be as good (or nearly). For example, I can get a Bosch or Mann filter for about £11 on Car Parts 4 Less. Any opinions or recommendations welcome.
BTW, sorry if I have posted in the wrong section - please move the post to the correct section if so,
Many thanks, Peter.:smile3:

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
I'm watching for replies as I haven't a clue when/if mine was done given it's only on 17k.

If not too difficult I may change it in a few months.

·
4,369 Posts
Pull it out.
Tap out the crud.
Put it back in.
Or if you want a really good job and you have access to compressed air, give it some of that.
Job done
No cost.:grin2:

And a question for the purists. What's wrong with that technique?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Would you wear the same underwear after "giving it some compressed air" every day?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Got mine off ebay, think it was a blueprint one. Will try find item number later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I'm watching for replies as I haven't a clue when/if mine was done given it's only on 17k.

If not too difficult I may change it in a few months.
Very simple;
Open glovebox - Squeeze the sides in to unlatch it, and disconnect the damper thingy on the left side; just unclips - the glovebox will now fall down out of the way (Empty it first :p )

Immidiately in front of you, there is a black rectangle with clips on both sides; Open clips, remove the cover, and the filter is within. Slide out the old one, slide in the new one - Cover on, re attach damper thingy to glovebox, and then just push closed so it clips back in.

Job jobbed! sometimes I'll pop a cut up airfreshner on the pre-filter side (on top the filter) to give a nice in car fragrance.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
The 8g was nearer the footwell, and the 9g has a big plastic thing there in the way of where you're feet go... any idea what that is?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
362375890079 is the blueprint one I got off ebay.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
No, and I would change them more often than annually as well.>:)
If you only change them annually, they are not under wear, they become under crackers ie you need to chisel them off! not talking from experience, just heard >:)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Seriously though, as M8TJT says, blow it off with and airline and put it back in. I change mine every 2nd service but that's just to quell my inner OCD :wink3:

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
Checking through my paperwork my pollen filter was changed in 2017 and I've only done just over 2,000 miles since then so probably OK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies guys - the helpful ones that is ! - I am still traumatised by the ones referring to old and crusty underwear !!! (lol)

Peter.:surprise:

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
My knees are actually buggered, because back in the day, we didn't use knee pads.. just scralled on all 4's and lay down.

For the cheapness of the pollen filter, just bloody change the thing for a new one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts