2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so over the weekend notice I had a pond in the boot of my car 2006 model. Any way got the liner out etc got all the water out then decided to take all the lights out and clean them, reseat them thinking brill this should sort it. But alas no checked this morning and it's a pond again BUT it's only in the left hand side this time!

So no where else is wet I have read a few posts in here about the filler bit but can't see where needs cleaning. Is there any thing else i should look for or should I just remove all the panels and see if I can find something that way?

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
You've done the right steps thus far but they haven't revealed the source of the leak.

So taking the panels off is going to be next step, unfortunately.

Are there any damp patches elsewhere in the car e.g. at the front of the rear arches?

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts
Also worth checking the rubbers at the top of the tailgate that route the electrics - might not be fully seated in the quarter panel?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've done the right steps thus far but they haven't revealed the source of the leak.

So taking the panels off is going to be next step, unfortunately.

Are there any damp patches elsewhere in the car e.g. at the front of the rear arches?
No all bone dry, seems to be just going straight into the indent where the spare wheel is.

Know where I might get and exploded view of how to take the panels off?

Also worth checking the rubbers at the top of the tailgate that route the electrics - might not be fully seated in the quarter panel?
big ribber gromit thing top right?

Do either of you know what they mean about the weep hole in the filler? I could't see any thing

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Apologies for hijacking.
I've got a leak coming from the central light unit. However the bolts seriously stubborn.
I think I've now rounded it. Any ideas on how i can remove?

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Lol cheers Farqui. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue. The nuts is an odd size too 7.5mm.

Might just try a nut splitter.

·
**R-0571**
251 Posts
Apologies for hijacking.
I've got a leak coming from the central light unit. However the bolts seriously stubborn.
I think I've now rounded it. Any ideas on how i can remove?
I had a similar problem but the water was coming in around the sun visor mounting bracket mostly when I braked.
Turned out to be condensation gathering in the roof space under the roof liner due to the car not being used a lot and not getting a chance to dry out.
The simple solution was to run the air conditioning during the Winter months and that completely solved the problem.
I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I've had nothing but bother for a year now with water in the boot started with them saying it was weak welds at the two weather strips on the roof went back in November they said it was the centre lights the on the boot coming through the clips that attach the light to the boot got it home water in again , just been in for two weeks again they resealed it again got home today lifted the boot floors dry but on the trim on the inside where you change the bulbs there's a single drip coming out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So seems fingers crossed I have fixed mine :)

It was either the rubber top left or the seam just under the gutter on the same side I bunged a bit of silicone on what looked like a lifted joint so when the weather is fine I will remove the silicone on stick some body filler in along the seam and black it up.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Mine seems to be getting worse...
I think I'm going to have to take all the panels out in the boot. Can't believe how much water collects.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
After another two weeks In Honda I opened the boot there's a trickle of water been running in too my could be time to move it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the boot trim out on my 07 civic last week (trying to fix fog light wiring) and noticed the rhs rear shock mounting had been leaking water into the boot, might be worth checking yours? I didn't have a puddle but there was definitely dampness and water marks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts