2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Milano Red Type R GT for 5 months now..... Its on a 59' plate and has just covered 17,000 miles, I parted ex'd my 2010 Ford Focus ST for the civic which i have been unhappy after the first month of owning!

i have had rattles in the passenger door panel/car and the passenger side or the dash, which i was charged £60 for the pleasure of someone lubricating..... which returned weeks later.

I took it back to Honda who now said it was he glove box, so i was ordered a new one under warranty and told to drive around with it open until it comes to stop the horrendous noise, They also greased the clutch pedal as this was squeaking with any amount of pressure applied to it, which has been cured.

Since last Friday when honda had the car, i had now accumulated a bag of new noised including a rattle from the dash of the drivers side - which sounds like a dying mouse over every tiny little bump or crack in the road, the whole of the boot lid seems to squeak like its not attached properly, and it sounds like i have a intermittent knocking at the rear as well........ the handbrake leaver is so losers is rattles form side to side....... I hate this car, for £12,000 and i feel like i have been mugged off.

I will be going to see them today with all my problems, I'm not happy, they told me they they only fix a very small amount or problems to do with cabin noise - 90% of people have to say its excessive for them to fix it? I think i have a badly made car, honda build quality is meant to be really good, mine however is not!

When i have companied, they blame the stiff suspension, which is a load of old tosh, i have had cars lowered on coilovers, every car i have every had has been lowered and i have never encountered these problems with any of them!

They also said it could be the hot weather? its been hot for a week now.....i guess this means that every time the sun is out i have to endure an ear bashing of cheap plastics rubbing together, i feel sorry for anyone living in a constantly hot country in this case is this the there reasoning!!

Where do i stand with this? I am unhappy with the car, i have stopped driving it because it annoying me so much and have started driving my misses 04" plate beetle. Has anyone heard of handing back a car they are unhappy with which have been purchased on honda finance? What options do i have?

Sorry to go on like this but its really really annoyed me!

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
I have the odd creak from my dash I find playing music on the way to work helpful then i dont hear it .I think there have been a few threads on here complaining of creaking dashes and other sounds ,I think It's par for coarse im afraid.I know there is a common problem with the suspension rubbers squeaking ,I took mine to honda and they said it's a known fault and put some lube on them for me no charge.even the most expensive cars have issues like this ,Sound like your almost listening out for sounds .

·
Yorkshire Jedi
373 Posts
I got a 57 plate 5 months ago with 15k, and it is still tight as a drum.

From reading people comments faults with the car seem to be very random.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know plenty of other people with no problems at all, i think it was built on a friday....... there must be something, i wouldn't deem the car fit for purpose with all this noises to live with on a day to day basis. How far do they go, do they replace the dash? its just cheap and horrible and i would rush to buy another honda!

·
Yorkshire Jedi
373 Posts
Perhaps get a technician from your dealer to go out for a drive with you in it.
You will need to prove the fault for any type of refund.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have had a technician come out with me twice now, sods law its doesn't ever makes the sounds when I'm out with them!! i have started recording videos of the problems on my phone to create a log.

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
drivers side dash rattle is the plastic trim around the rev counter and i applied some double sided sponge to mine and it has never rattled again (just clips in place) the rattles around the high dash is normally from the plastic trim on the window screen under the wipers and there is a simple mod to do (on the forum somewhere) which takes 10minutes and cures this.

Hope this helps :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
drivers side dash rattle is the plastic trim around the rev counter and i applied some double sided sponge to mine and it has never rattled again (just clips in place) the rattles around the high dash is normally from the plastic trim on the window screen under the wipers and there is a simple mod to do (on the forum somewhere) which takes 10minutes and cures this.

I second the latter mod - getting some foam under there stops the noise. You'd think it wouldn't do much but when I lifted the plastic up it had actually cut into the glass!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/11854-how-fix-windscreen-cowl-creaks.html

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts

I'm planning to do this to the plastic above the rev counter... easy job to get rid of some annoying rattles

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Hi, after owning my ctr for 2 months I have managed to locate and fix the following rattles

3 - Rev counter area, rubbing noise between display and dash, I used the double sided stick pads that you use to fix number plates to cars and cut them in half, then push the display forward and slide them into place. Use the pads as they are don’t use them sticky.

might help.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Only rattle I seem to have *touch plastic* is the drivers side door, seems to be around the handle area. Had a search and people have said its from under the actual storage compartment, doesnt seem to make much difference pulling/holding under that area.. think it must be inside the doorcard. :(

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Wow, I wish all I had to worry about with my Civic problems was rattles. I'd be more than happy to put up with that. Good luck with getting it fixed

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
the build quality on fn2's is pretty poor, but try and buy a well spec'd golf gti of the same age / mileage for the same money.
im still thinking of bailing from honda ownership

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
the build quality on fn2's is pretty poor, but try and buy a well spec'd golf gti of the same age / mileage for the same money.
im still thinking of bailing from honda ownership
The GTI is a nice car but I'd rather spend an afternoon with some double sided foam on the FN2 then an afternoon with a stealer getting done over. The interior plastics on the FN2 are also really easy to remove.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update,

Went back to honda yesterday and kicked up in front of everyone, took another mechanic out with me who also identified the squeaky dash, rattly handbrake, passenger door card, squeak from the rear is something to do with oil in the rear shock which is a known problem and a rattling glove box......the car goes in on monday and they are going to pull it apart, dash out the lot.

They said they will do everything they can to get rid of all the problems and admitted, its must be really bad to live with, they are having the car for 10 days, when it will be having new brake pads all round, a service and it first MOT..... i asked for a NSX as courtousy car, instead i will be driving a Jazz for that time, automatic as well......was worth a try!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts