2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed soon after buying my 8th gen car this year a slight misalignment between the front and rear doors at the central pillar, so I googled it and was surprised to find it is a common issue on the Civic. Since then I have looked at others I see on car parks etc and am seeing more misaligned ones than correct ones some out as much as 3mm, and it's not a striker plate issue.
Is there a solution? Why can Honda not get things right at the factory or does this happen over time. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can see here the drivers door slightly above the rear door, seen lots like this sometimes on the passenger side sometimes drivers side.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
So the rear of the front door steps out from the front of the rear, when fully closed?

What do you mean by 'above'? That the front and rear doors aren't inline, horizontally?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I've just had a scan of the Civinfo threads and many have had theirs fixed.

Have you looked at tweaking yours or getting it looked at?

I don't see any replies to your earlier thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the rear of the front door steps out from the front of the rear, when fully closed?

What do you mean by 'above'? That the front and rear doors aren't inline, horizontally?
Yes Farqui it is the horizontal line as the image shows, both doors are perfectly flush but the drivers door sits slightly higher on a horizontal line.
Thanks for the reply.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,712 Posts
As I said before I see lots of 8th gen with this problem, I spotted two on the town centre car park this morning, very odd to see so many.
get in touch with honda uk and tell them you have seen lots with this issue, who knows you might get yours repaired for free...

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
That just needs the striker plate on the front door loosening and lowering a tad - easy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That just needs the striker plate on the front door loosening and lowering a tad - easy
Not that easy unfortunately, as there is no play at all in the hinge and moving the striker would be forcing the door hinge downwards thus straining it then it would spring back up on opening eventually causing wear in the hinges. On Google someone talks about door problems being caused by jacking in the wrong place.
I might just leave well alone but maybe mention it to Honda as deni says. Keep your eyes peeled when out and about I guarantee you will spot a few.
Thanks for the replies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts