2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like to moan too much about my car, after all, I was the one who paid quite a lot of money for it, but...is the heater rubbish on 2.2 diesels?
The heater on mine is barely adequate. Even on full temp with the fan blowing max, it still isn't great.
This is my first diesel, and I've mentioned on the forum before that it runs quite cool, which is normal apparently.
I've had loads of petrol cars and the heaters on those cars have all been really very good at blowing hot air around the cabin.
The temp gauge never gets halfway up the scale, even on a 75 mile journey, but that might just be the gauge itself.

So, fellow 2.2 owners, is the heater on diesels just not very good, or is there summat up with mine?

Thanks, and happy motoring.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Its a characteristic of diesels they take forever to warm up mate.

On a 75 miles journey it should get warm though and be adequate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it's any consolation, my 1.4 petrol is the same. It takes a while (about 5-10 mins of driving) to warm up properly. Even then I wouldn't say it was "hot".

But having come from a 53 plate vauxhall corsa with no heating at all, any warmth from the vents is better than what I was used to :)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I really don't like to moan too much about my car, after all, I was the one who paid quite a lot of money for it, but...is the heater rubbish on 2.2 diesels?
The heater on mine is barely adequate. Even on full temp with the fan blowing max, it still isn't great.
This is my first diesel, and I've mentioned on the forum before that it runs quite cool, which is normal apparently.
I've had loads of petrol cars and the heaters on those cars have all been really very good at blowing hot air around the cabin.
The temp gauge never gets halfway up the scale, even on a 75 mile journey, but that might just be the gauge itself.

So, fellow 2.2 owners, is the heater on diesels just not very good, or is there summat up with mine?

Thanks, and happy motoring.
i had crap blower it was blowing flat out but not much air flow coming out.. i replaced a very black and clogged pollen filter made loads of difference,, don't think it had been changed in years,, it takes mine about 4 miles at 1500 revs to warm up to running temp,, might want to check water level or that heater solenoid is working right..

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Doesn't the 2.2 have an aux heater so should have instant heat?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts