2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I own a 2007 2.2 i-CTDi Civic with 215.000 km's (=135.000 miles) on the clock.

I reach an average fuel consumption of 7.4 l/100km's (= 38 MPG), while driving city+highway.

A year ago, I had some troubles with my DPF (engine management light came on a few times, oil level rising etc).
- Honda garage replaced the DPF pressure sensor;
- Car still went into a lot of regeneration cycles (and they also lasted way too long) - Honda garage mentioned the CAT couldn't reach the right temperature to regenerate;
- Costs to replace CAT where huge, and if the DPF should have been replaced too, costs were way too high;
- A local (renowned) tuner company removed the DPF + altered the software for the DPF removal and EGR disabling.​

Now I still notice the oil level rising and a higher fuel consumption (about 1l/100km higher-I used to average 45 MPG) than before I the problems with my DPF started (due to a lot of regeneration I can't compare right before<->after DPF removal).

Any thoughts what could be the issue?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,444 Posts
If you had the DPF changed is it not the 2.2 i-DTEC you have?

Reactions: Trev27

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Hi guys, I own a 2007 2.2 i-CTDi Civic with 215.000 km's (=135.000 miles) on the clock.

I reach an average fuel consumption of 7.4 l/100km's (= 38 MPG), while driving city+highway.

A year ago, I had some troubles with my DPF (engine management light came on a few times, oil level rising etc).
- Honda garage replaced the DPF pressure sensor;
- Car still went into a lot of regeneration cycles (and they also lasted way too long) - Honda garage mentioned the CAT couldn't reach the right temperature to regenerate;
- Costs to replace CAT where huge, and if the DPF should have been replaced too, costs were way too high;
- A local (renowned) tuner company removed the DPF + altered the software for the DPF removal and EGR disabling.​

Now I still notice the oil level rising and a higher fuel consumption (about 1l/100km higher-I used to average 45 MPG) than before I the problems with my DPF started (due to a lot of regeneration I can't compare right before<->after DPF removal).

Any thoughts what could be the issue?
Does the oil stink of diesel?

·
Super Moderator
2,598 Posts
if your oil level is rising its because some other fluid is getting in there
if its water oil will probably go a milky white colour pointing towards head gasket problem
if its fuel then it could still be head gasket or worn piston rings or cylinder bores

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I'm betting it's something to do with regen injector cycle still in operation. There's a thread somewhere on here with similar issues. I wonder if you can upload a UK map to the ECU?

Reactions: jeremiah
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your oil level is rising its because some other fluid is getting in there
if its water oil will probably go a milky white colour pointing towards head gasket problem
if its fuel then it could still be head gasket or worn piston rings or cylinder bores
Thanks! I know it's diesel getting into the oil. Before I just thought it was normal due to the regeneration process, just strange it's still rising after the DPF deletion.
Guessing these things (head gasket-piston rings-cilinder bores) are expensive and hard to repair?

2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm betting it's something to do with regen injector cycle still in operation. There's a thread somewhere on here with similar issues. I wonder if you can upload a UK map to the ECU?
This is something I was also thinking. Although this particular tuning company already had good experiences with Civic's before...
I don't have upload tools and besides I'm afraid of bricking the ECU by doing things myself...

Especially on a cold engine, the fuel consumption is really high (ca. 7-8 litres/100km = 35-40 MPG).. Because the Honda garage told me the CAT didn't reach the right temperature for a good regeneration, maybe a temperature sensor which is faulty and still causes a regen cycle?

Do you have a link to this thread, because I can't locate it..?

·
Oldboy-racer
909 Posts
This is something I was also thinking. Although this particular tuning company already had good experiences with Civic's before...
I don't have upload tools and besides I'm afraid of bricking the ECU by doing things myself...

Especially on a cold engine, the fuel consumption is really high (ca. 7-8 litres/100km = 35-40 MPG).. Because the Honda garage told me the CAT didn't reach the right temperature for a good regeneration, maybe a temperature sensor which is faulty and still causes a regen cycle?

Do you have a link to this thread, because I can't locate it..?
As far as I know diesels don't run both a DPF AND Cat, only one or the other so surprised to here that yours has both.
Good luck sorting it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts