2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Poor out of the factory brakes

Brakes 
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Coldwarkid 
#1 ·
Having now replaced the brake lines and got good brakes are Honda cost cutting when it comes to brakes?
First they was the chocolate brake pads, changed these too Greenstuff which made a significant difference.
I was very sceptical when it came too the hoses, I really could get my head round them being that bad. I ordered my Goodridge SS lines last October and only had them fitted last Tuesday as I really thought they would not make that much of a difference I am happy to admit I was very wrong and wish I had it done earlier!!
I was driving a Honda Jazz hire car a few weeks ago through work to commute to Bletchley for a week, paid for by work and the brakes were fantastic in that, that good I nearly rear ended 2 cars when I was driving home from work in my car after I had dropped the hire car off!!
£14K I paid for my car unfortunately I never test drove it as I had faith in the dealer it would be as described for that £14K i would have expected brakes at least as good as the Jazz!!

#4 ·
If I'm honest I really don't see what the big deal with the brakes is, I do find that they vibrate a little under extreme breaking, which granted isn't good, but I think the stopping power is sufficient to do the job, but of course the brakes will be better with better hoses, fluid and pads but to go down that line where do u stop? The car would be better with 500bhp and 4WD too...

#6 ·
If I'm honest I really don't see what the big deal with the brakes is, I do find that they vibrate a little under extreme breaking, which granted isn't good, but I think the stopping power is sufficient to do the job, but of course the brakes will be better with better hoses, fluid and pads but to go down that line where do u stop? The car would be better with 500bhp and 4WD too...
Sorry, I disagree. The brakes are poor. I came from an Accord which had superb brakes, but the civ's just aren't up to the job. I've had a few "5p/50p" moments under heavy braking, and intend to upgrade the lot at the first chance I get.

#10 ·
I was driving a Honda Jazz hire car a few weeks ago through work to commute to Bletchley for a week, paid for by work and the brakes were fantastic in that,
Had a few Jazzies over the past few weeks and the brakes were so much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.