2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a story here, I'll try to be brief but if you want to back out now feel free.

In 2008 I bought a Honda Civic, and at the same time I upgraded the alloys. Less than a year later the alloys had gone rusty. I raised this issue and they were replaced, with no issue.

18 Months later 2 of the alloys were rusty again. Again I raised this and all 4 were replaced even though I only asked for the two.

There were several other issues with the car but because Honda and Vertu were so good to me when it came to replacing the Civic I went for another.

Less than a year into ownership one of the alloys had started to corrode and two of the centre caps had the paint flaking off them. I raised this with Vertu in October. They gave me the stone wall treatment, after several phone calls over the month and eventually visiting them they told me that because it was an accessory wheel they would do nothing.

As I felt a precedent had already been set I took this up with Honda Customer Service in November, to this day they have not responded. I have tried to chase this up several times with no luck.

I can't even describe this as poor customer service because there hasn't been any. I wouldn't have minded buying my own centre caps but at £45 + VAT each it's a non starter.

I know I'm moaning again and you're all probably sick of it (apologies) but I feel it's best to let others know what happens when things go wrong. And I know Chris Taylor will be reading this and think I'm bad mouthing his dealerships again but maybe they should start honouring warranty work. And I hope Honda are reading this and have the courtesy to actually phone me!

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Ring Honda UK mate and they're more lenient with warranty work and will tell the dealer that they have to replace them. Was very happy with Vertu Honda when i bought my 1st civic. Not so much afterwards after trying to force me into buying a civic after a test drive after multiple times telling them I'm not looking at buying one today.
Also read some stories about them on here. May take it to Hull next time as seem to be alot more customer based and focus more on after sales service more than presale

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Vertu Honda.......aren't they Evans Halshaw?
No, they are the parent group who own Bristol Street Motors, they have just bought out the Honda part of Springfield Motors in Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
As I felt a precedent had already been set I took this up with Honda Customer Service in November, to this day they have not responded. I have tried to chase this up several times with no luck.

I can't even describe this as poor customer service because there hasn't been any. I wouldn't have minded buying my own centre caps but at £45 + VAT each it's a non starter.
WHen you say you have 'tried' to chase, what do you mean? you've written again, you've called or what?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHen you say you have 'tried' to chase, what do you mean? you've written again, you've called or what?
Emailed, called, visit to dealers and they have a handy chat box on their website.

It appears this thread has had the desired effect. I have been offered 50% off an over priced refurb on the alloy no solution on the centre caps. A hollow apology of them taking 3 months to respond with the blame assigned to Mr Smith who left the business...

Anyone know who is head of Honda CS? Might be worth writing to them.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guys in Boston and Mansfield have always been ok with me

Hope it gets sorted mate
Heard good things about Boston, knew a guy who always took his Accord there for servicing etc even though he lived in Lincoln.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The free wifi never works at Lincoln and they wont give out the code at Grantham.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Not being funny, but I'm lost to how alloys can go rusty - they have no iron in them? Are you sure something on the car itself is not transferring rust marks onto them?

I've had dealings with Vertu in Mansfield, and they seem fine in my experience. Very courteous staff - I guess they may have other dealerships, though?

Hope you get it sorted, anyhow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vertu Honda warranty

My car is under warranty only had it 8 months .just took it in for pulling to the left ,they stated if it’s rust all the work and parts will cost 535.00 unbelievable,don’t trust the warranty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts