2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you recognize this problem:

My wipers have problems with cleaning the windscreen. I hope I can explain it. On their way "up" they clean the windscreen without problem, but then on their way back down they leave behind drops and streaks. In rain you never have a clear sight, and when washing the windscreen there are drops right before you eyes. When lucky it takes about 4 extra wipes before most of the drops are gone. Especially today with all the salt on out roads it's nearly impossible to get a clean windscreen.

I have the idea the wipers create some sort of vacuum on their way down pulling some water behind them.

My car has only 10.000 km, the problem occurred from the first moment.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I believe a part of this this happens because the wind pressure blows "leftover" washer fluid off the wipers and then back on to the windscreen. May be due to the design of the wipers / spray from the washer jets maybe?

Streaks are probably because of dirty blades, try cleaning as Munro suggests.

I have cleaned my wipers extensively, but an extra wipe or two is always needed because of the drops.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll clean them and see if it helps. I hope so, because it's pretty annoying to have a troubled sight in the rain.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
arent wiper blades lubricated with some kind of material which helps them to move quietley across windscreen?
I regularely use sillicone on them, but mostly to prevent them from freezing on to the windscreen during winter. It helps the rubber stay softer as well, making them more quiet and efficent.

Don't know if they are factory lubricated though...:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I regularely use sillicone on them, but mostly to prevent them from freezing on to the windscreen during winter. It helps the rubber stay softer as well, making them more quiet and efficent.

Don't know if they are factory lubricated though...:confused:
Is this the stuff you use on the wiper blades ?

3-IN-ONE Professional Silicon from Halfords Price £4.99

I would have expected it to cause smearing on the windscreen, but may give it a go if you recommend it.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Is this the stuff you use on the wiper blades ?

3-IN-ONE Professional Silicon from Halfords Price £4.99

I would have expected it to cause smearing on the windscreen, but may give it a go if you recommend it.
I have used different brands (unfortunately not the one you linked to Munro), but I like the CRC-stuff (both spray and stift). I just leave it to dry for a couple of minutes, so no smearing. In addition to wiper blades, I also treat all rubber seals in the door opening/hatch with sillicone before winter to prevent freezing. When washing a car in sub zero degrees, this is essential. The door may freeze, and if you pull too hard to open it, you might destroy the rubber seals...

CRC Stift

CRC Spray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts