2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some pennies on the poorboys DA polisher plus pads and polish + wax. Didn't bother with compound polish or cutting pad as new to this so taking it easy until knowledge and experience builds up.

IMG_9223.jpg
Found that most dirt with clay bar found along lower part of doors. Also found how easy it is to drop, doh!( thrown away )
IMG_9225.jpg

Finished, and tired with it. Left my right hand with that fizzing you get when you've slept on your arm. Next time intend to use some thick gloves to reduce vibration from polisher. Never used it above No 1 !!
IMG_9229.jpg

Did it remove all those spiders web markings, No. But I am pleased with result. It did reduce them but poor light (No sun) made seeing them difficult even in places I knew they existed. Plus I may need the compound or play the 'overtime' with repeat applications will slowly remove them.
IMG_9230.jpg

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, forgot about getting some tar remover. Found the odd spot low down. Next time will up the speed and possibly try a orange pad first or just get some compound with the White (separate) pad. Does anyone else suffer with fizzy hands and arms afterwards? I already suffer with Raynaud's disease. Don't need to help it.

Sent whilst plotting to take over the world.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,664 Posts
No, forgot about getting some tar remover. Found the odd spot low down. Next time will up the speed and possibly try a orange pad first or just get some compound with the White (separate) pad. Does anyone else suffer with fizzy hands and arms afterwards? I already suffer with Raynaud's disease. Don't need to help it.

No fizzy hands after polishing, just fizzy lager when I've done polishing :lol:

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might be me holding it wrong. Handle plus tail end. Unless my brand just vibrates more than others?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,664 Posts
Might be me holding it wrong. Handle plus tail end. Unless my brand just vibrates more than others?

I don't use any handle & have removed them. I prefer to hold the top of the polisher with the palm if that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts