2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I've done my wheels last friday one by one. I pulled out each one, cleaned it with a pressure washer and a sponge and then applied two coats of poorboys wheel sealant. Yet I can't comment on how good is the product because i havent cleaned it to see how easily the brake dust goes off. What i observed is that brake dust doesn't stick onto the wheels easily and also they look very shine after the sealant. If your planning to give it a try do not aplly while the wheels are on the car. You will find it very difficult to clean them and once the sealant is not removed completely, will stick and will be a pain in the @$$ to remove it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
although i have not used this myself i was close to buying some before i went for jetseal 109 on my wheels, i found most reviews positive on the poorboys, though yet to be convinced on the performance of the jetseal, or perhaps wheel sealant in general.

just make sure you only clean them with soap and water, because if you use something like bilberry (or other wheels cleaners if they are the same), as good a cleaner as it is, it will actually strip off the sealant! something that i learned to my cost as had to re do the wheels lol.

i,ve given my a few washes since redoing the back wheels and they seem to clean up ok, most dust pressure washes off but there are odd spots that need a little but more help, the front wheels currently are unprotected but the billberry cleaner brings them up a treat, as long as you keep on top of them and clean at least once a week i think thats the main thing

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have this and it is good but tbh you need some low dust brake pads first.
for front an back? whats the cost? and how much difference does it make, tbh mine are covered after a couple of short journeys, is it really all down to the pads?

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
for front an back? BOTH IMO whats the cost? DEPENDS WHAT PADS YOU BUY and how much difference does it make AGAIN DEPENDS ON THE PADS, tbh mine are covered after a couple of short journeys, is it really all down to the pads?
As above and yes the pads do cause a lot of this, some pads give as much as 50-60% less dust than others etc

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the info really getting me down cleaning the wheels once a week only to cover them in dust the second you start driving:(

Any one know if changing pads to say green stuff will void waranty or insurance?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use poorboys on my rages.
Brings up a lovely shine on the diamond cut finish and adds protection and is much easier to clean them.
It's extremely easy to apply and use.

Also, it smells lovely, just like bubble gum mmmmm .........

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
362 Posts
I gave the wife car a good old clean yesterday, 1 coat of AG Super Gloss Protection and 3 coats of Poorboys....will let you know the results :)

·
Best in the buisness
1,145 Posts
I have the poorboys stuff, it is pretty good in reducing brake dust but just a pain in the ass to put on several times if you have many spokes like me! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts