2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I reversed my car outside my house and all was normal, I drove to a friend's hous eto drop my daughter off, I didn't go in I stood at the doorstep, when I got back in my car and did a 3 point turn as I went in to reverse my parking sensors came on and stayed on with a continuous tone (even though there was nothing behind me) I drove home and upon checking them saw that one of them has popped off and was laying inside the hole :roll:

I was worried it would fall out from the back so drove to the dealership they seem certain someonehas hit me (like to see that happen without damaging the paintwork)!!!!

Anyway it has to be booked in again for the bumper to be removed (danger of more paintwork damage) I just hope its covered by the warranty as I know nothing hit me and now they don't work when something is behind me - will it ever end I ask :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I just don't beleive it TC, it seems that every time you go out something happens.You have no luck thats for sure.
Maybe should make the trip to your meet to see the said car it's got to be a one off !
Best of luck at the dealers

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
It did happen to me last month, and it was not covered by the guaranty cost me 1/2Hour technician work Vat inclueded : 25 €
They have to dismantle the rear bumber to refix it... (no paint damage real Pro !)

I did'nt bother to call my insurance for that...

It's a shame, investing in a device to avoid damage and having to pay to fix it because some idiot dont care...:(

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did happen to me last month, and it was not covered by the guaranty cost me 1/2Hour technician work Vat inclueded : 25 €
They have to dismantle the rear bumber to refix it... (no paint damage real Pro !)

I did'nt bother to call my insurance for that...

It's a shame, investing in a device to avoid damage and having to pay to fix it because some idiot dont care...:(
But I didn't get hit by anyone - I couldn't of done I was with the car the whole time between it working and then not working and there is not a mark on the car, I will be really fed up if I have to pay to have it put back in place.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Yes, you should ask them to take it under guaranty. On mine You can see the black trace of the bumber from another car. So I didnt ask them to take it under guaranty. Look like they are very sensible devices ?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Anyway it has to be booked in again for the bumper to be removed (danger of more paintwork damage) I just hope its covered by the warranty as I know nothing hit me and now they don't work when something is behind me - will it ever end I ask :confused:
Less "hoping" & more "demanding". Approach them with the attitude that they need to put right a problem with their fitting instead of hoping it is covered. You know what happened... make them believe it.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Less "hoping" & more "demanding". Approach them with the attitude that they need to put right a problem with their fitting instead of hoping it is covered. You know what happened... make them believe it.

Well I did argue my point with the technician who ran his finger around the outside of it and said "yes thats definately been hit" I ran my finger around it and then the others and asked him to point out what was different, he couldnt!!

The service manager wasnt there I will speak to him tomorrow about it.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Well I did argue my point with the technician who ran his finger around the outside of it and said "yes thats definately been hit" I ran my finger around it and then the others and asked him to point out what was different, he couldnt!!

The service manager wasnt there I will speak to him tomorrow about it.
So challenge him - ask him to tell you to your face that you are lying!! If he can't then tell him to shut the f*ck up & fix the car!

I hate to see people taken advantage of.:mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
No does this look like its been hit??

Whats more this is the first picture I took of my camera put on to the pc and re-sized :D
It doesn't look like it's been hit to me, the whole sensor surround would be cracked if it had been.

Its maybe not been secured properly in the first place causing stress when driving over bumps in the road, and its just finally weakened that much its snapped off from the inside of your bumper.

It should be covered under warranty in my opinion.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't look like it's been hit to me, the whole sensor surround would be cracked if it had been.

Its maybe not been secured properly in the first place causing stress when driving over bumps in the road, and its just finally weakened that much its snapped off from the inside of your bumper.

It should be covered under warranty in my opinion.

Thats what I think - I slammed the boot down just before leaving my friend's house so that may have done it.

Anyway if I have any hassle with them im taking apemonkeyman with me, he will sort them out :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyway if I have any hassle with them im taking apemonkeyman with me, he will sort them out :D
lol I think you should.

You could maybe play good cop bad cop with them, tell them your quite reasonable to deal with but if there's any hassle your going to set your unreasonable friend on them and point to apemonkeyman. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
lol I think you should.

You could maybe play good cop bad cop with them, tell them your quite reasonable to deal with but if there's any hassle your going to set your unreasonable friend on them and point to apemonkeyman. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

What do you mean, "unreasonable"? I'm perfectly reasonable with everything, it's when w*nkers play up that I get annoyed. ;)

Now... outside, I want a word.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What do you mean, "unreasonable"? I'm perfectly reasonable with everything, it's when w*nkers play up that I get annoyed. ;)

Now... outside, I want a word.

lol no offence intended, I like your style.

I didn't really mean unreasonable more of a won't take any of your crap and not back down until you give me what I want, kind of unreasonable. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
No one could have come along and pushed it in ( just for the sake of it??)

or has it worked loose after some of your earlier problems:confused: :confused:

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No one could have come along and pushed it in ( just for the sake of it??)

or has it worked loose after some of your earlier problems:confused: :confused:
I did wonder that, but when I left home it was working fine, 10 mins later and having not had the car out of site, put it in reverse and it just had one long continuous beep.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
lol no offence intended, I like your style.

I didn't really mean unreasonable more of a won't take any of your crap and not back down until you give me what I want, kind of unreasonable. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

I rarely have to sound off - very rare it ever gets that far. It's all about confidence - it helps others to believe you if you don't let them doubt your perspective.

If reasoning doesn't work then a touch of polite belittling to show who is in control often works wonders.

But having a bullet-proof argument is the real keystone... & TC can do that all for herself & beat the b*stards. She's got to make them believe her, not pity her.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
How Do You Know They Never Broke It When They Fitted It And Now Its Finally Packed In Alltogether??

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Looking at your picture, it didnt look like mine... definitly !
Mine was half way in pushed in bias (looking like somebody hit me when he get out of a parking place behind me)

Should have taken a picture ! Would do that next time ;)

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

I spoke to the parts manager today, an his first thought was that the garage that fixed my car after the accident couldn't have fitted the sensors properly, breaking a clip or two so I went back to the dealership to show him (had a comment from a sales guy "had I come to collect my wages") :rolleyes: he confirmed that was what had happened.

I called my Insurance Co and they asked for Honda to fax them an estimate for the repair, Honda have done that so hopefully the insurance company will cover the cost, the approved bodyshop my insurance co sent me to have cost them a fair bit now as they already paid for a replacement dash!!

Got given 3 type R pens today to cheer me up, oh im so easily pleased :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts