Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at getting a 2011 civic.
It's a 1.4 ishift auto.
My last civic was 1995:)

It has no rear parking sensors.
Can they be retrofitted?

Also, does the car need an auto gearbox oil change on 70-80k?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always go for auto's . Had BMW, SLK, Prelude, Toyota IQ.
Maybe I am lazy?:)

I am test-driving the Civic tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Include plenty of research on the i shift as well as the test drive. I shift is'nt a torque convertor full auto, but a manual gearbox with a robotised self shifting configuration. Those site members who own one or have experience of the type will perhaps come on with their advice and experience.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Include plenty of research on the i shift as well as the test drive. I shift is'nt a torque convertor full auto, but a manual gearbox with a robotised self shifting configuration. Those site members who own one or have experience of the type will perhaps come on with their advice and experience.

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
But is it capable of 88mph? :smile3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. Test drove today and was decent enough.
It kicked down/hesitated when i tried to floor it quickly.
When driven normally it was ok.
£4.5 k for a Honda Civic 1.4 i-VTEC Type S 3dr i-Shift with 77k on the clock seems high to me.
FSH from Honda including the last MOT 2 days ago.

I am not sure if it's worth that price?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I would go for the 2009 and up 1.8 civic. Insurance group is nearly the same, comes with a proper torque converter automatic and has more tax but can easily be found for 3k and under ok auto trader and other sites

I personally own an Ishift civic and love it. Others don’t like them for whatever reasons but I have parked it uphill and manoeuvred into tight spaces without it doing the kangaroo hop yet. You have to change the gearbox oil occasionally, however you also will eventually need a clutch kit installing so that adds to the cost.

I plan on keeping the car for the next five off years or until it breaks and is too expensive to repair anymore. I’ve had a clutch fitted recently and sent it into the body shop for some new paint because I really like the car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Follow lightningslow advice and don't rush there are loads of these cars around so of your not in a rush shop around, take a look at AA Cars and enter your postcode and hit the "Automatic" filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts