2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I developed a clicking clutch last week,as the car was going to a Honda garage for a small job I asked the fitter to check the clutch mechanism as I'd just developed the click (along with the squeak!!) He couldn't see anything and stated what we know about the master cylinder being changed.
The next day I found a bolt in the drivers footwell (See "Anyone recognise this" thread) anyway to cut a long story short I refitted the bolt and the click is cured!!! It's a bit of a tight fit getting your hands in but it is possible!! Used a 10mm socket to tighten.
The loose bolt was the one with yellow paint marker on it,check the bolt to the left too. The whole assembly is located to the top of the clutch pedal.
Hope this helps anyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible to upload another picture with a more general view, i'm unable to locate this part. I did found a piece which was a bit loose but no screws available to tighten.
Did you have to remove parts of the dash to gain acces?
Sorry mate......wont have time to upload any more pics,I'm heading Offshore tomorrow:(
Need to get right into the footwell to see the part.It is a bit of a tight fit in there!!! I managed to get the bolt back in without removing anything!!;)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Woette.....had time to take another picture,again it's not the best!!! My hand is resting on the pedal face and you can just see the yellow marked bolt.Hope this helps a little more,good luck!!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Mine FN2 clicks a bit with just 15K miles. I managed to tighten it a bit with a socket (was already pretty tight) but I think I go the wrong nut as it was 12mm not 10mm. The only 10mm nuts I could see were up above the clutch above the air blower vent.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine FN2 clicks a bit with just 15K miles. I managed to tighten it a bit with a socket (was already pretty tight) but I think I go the wrong nut as it was 12mm not 10mm. The only 10mm nuts I could see were up above the clutch above the air blower vent.
I stand corrected,your right mate it was 12mm........didn't have my glasses on!!!;)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all...I developed a clicking clutch last week,as the car was going to a Honda garage for a small job I asked the fitter to check the clutch mechanism as I'd just developed the click (along with the squeak!!) He couldn't see anything and stated what we know about the master cylinder being changed.
The next day I found a bolt in the drivers footwell (See "Anyone recognise this" thread) anyway to cut a long story short I refitted the bolt and the click is cured!!! It's a bit of a tight fit getting your hands in but it is possible!! Used a 12mm socket to tighten.
The loose bolt was the one with yellow paint marker on it,check the bolt to the left too. The whole assembly is located to the top of the clutch pedal.
Hope this helps anyone!!!

Edited to read 12mm socket!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had a new pedal box and master cyclinder over a year ago and all is well. The new parts are supposed to be upgraded versions, I wouldnt play out another £500 for a new set. I would contact Honda HQ if the same fault reoccurs!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a new pedal box and master cyclinder over a year ago and all is well. The new parts are supposed to be upgraded versions, I wouldnt play out another £500 for a new set. I would contact Honda HQ if the same fault reoccurs!
Agree mate........I'm getting mine all sorted under warranty at the end of January.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts