2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along yesterday, I had to brake firmly momentarily - somebody 'wandered' into my path on a roundabout.

It wasn't close to locking up / ABS activation and certainly nowhere near any contact - at least 7-8 metres away - yet in big bold orange letters I got "ACC" in the middle of the dash, and a curious icon top right indicating as if I had hit something / somebody.

This continued during the 10 minute trip dropping off wife and sons at a Christening.
Pressing the 'i' button did remove "ACC" but not the impact icon.

Stopping the car and restarting it removed both completely!!

Not certain if it was before or after - I think before - but the FRONT proximity / parking sensor warned I was going to hit someone / something when nobody / nothing was there.
This again 'righted itself'.

A bit strange, and will be monitoring over the next week.

I have had it parked up for 5 weeks up until a week ago - business trip for the company which may not have helped, 'though I had been running it for a week before this occurrence.

I know if I mention to Honda, they'll simply say 'bring it in for a diagnostic', and if I push, it'll probably be free but they'll want the vehicle overnight - hence why I'm not calling just yet.
Weird!!

Anyone else seen the "ACC" warning?
NO, it wasn't activated, Cruise was not selected and I was driving 'in town' at 0-40 mph speeds in a calm (other than the braking) manner.

Al.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It has happened to me once. Driving up an unlit road at night and a mpv comes towards me in the pitch black with no lights. I reacted before the car did pretty quick and hit the brakes and i came to a stop but i did end up in the grass at the side of the road. After i set off again i noticed the ACC and LKAS in orange. Pulled over to check i hadnt any damage. No damage and switching off and on the car cleared the error and i havnt had it since.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Not certain if it was before or after - I think before - but the FRONT proximity / parking sensor warned I was going to hit someone / something when nobody / nothing was there.
This again 'righted itself'.
This is a known problem on the 10G especially when it's raining. Complain about it to your dealer. Honda have a fix by replacing the front grille. Had mine done. No more false alarms.:grin2:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has happened to me in both variants described above. ACC alone and with LKAS. Both times restart cleared them. Both times nothing was detectable by Honda as a recorded hard fault. Both times for me were also after closer than usual cars or objects on the road, but certainly not near miss experiences. Mind you that's over 34k km of otherwise uneventful driving, so I guess it's just some safety measure they programed into the system to get you to pull over whenever safe and check things, engine restart and voila all fine.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Service due in 4 months' time - I'll wait until then and observe.

Weren't too willing to change anything with my self-locking fiasco - still does that - very secure car is my 10G!!
I've not been locked in it since that one and only time - so far - shouldn't have mentioned it now!!

Last year I was bleating openly about the parking sensors to which they simply replied - 'yeah, we know, it's a pain, but they all do that' - that was the help - and sympathy - I got.
Holdcroft.

Al.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last summer I got the ACC warning when driving. Too much dead flies and mosquitoes on the radar sensor in the front grille. Cleaned it and the problem was gone.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Parking sensors? Me?
No.

I'll give them a list - hopefully covered under warranty - come service time.

Weren't interested in any replacements when I asked and weren't aware of any replacements - even only if requested.

I can't spare the time to be without it and there are no guarantees of courtesy car availability.

I'll push them around service time - never know, might even acknowledge what everyone else seems to know is fact ...

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had my grill changed on 2017 civic and also 2019 civic no problems since grill change
This is interesting.

It sounds like you have to impress upon the specific dealership that you HAVE to have the change, else they'll just fob you off - that's what I was given as the impression last October.

Was this done 'under warranty' with NO extra charge?

Al.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
All done under warranty no charge. You need to push it with your dealer and also moan like hell to Honda UK to the point of becoming a nuisance

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Yep. FoC for me. That was after several "Strong complaints" (Honda's terminology) to dealer and a call to Honda CS.
I think possibly you also need to suggest that the problem is worse than it really is, that is unless it's really bad anyway.

Does your aircon whistle? If so there is a fix for that after strong complaints from the customer.

Someone has posted the Honda Bulletin for both (I think) these problems, so have a look around for them in a suitably named thread.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the aircon on most of the time - on low / medium.

I THINK when it's been put on a higher / highest setting, it might do, but tbh, it isn't bothering me, nor is it noticeable at the setting I have it at.

All good information - thank you.

Al.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Don't you just stick the CC on, set the temp you want and let all the AC/Heating stuff do its thing to keep you comfy?
But whatever you do, don't listen for the whistle because once you have heard it, you can't unhear it. With the fan on high you cant hear it anyway as the fan noise drowns it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts