2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I’m looking at sorting a Rolling Road day at RS tuning in Leeds.

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/

It will probably be a combined meet with people from vectra-c.com.

At the moment just gauging interest so don’t have any details. But register your interest here and ill sort out some details if enough are interested.

Cheers

Stephen

·
Registered
299 Posts
Could be up for this in my mps

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, Well im off to see Paul next Tuesday so will have a chat with him then and how many people he thinks he can get on the RR in a day etc.

I havent asked him about remapping cars at the same time, but if people want this ill see what he says.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Any news?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would be interested.... Its only 1. miles from my house.... If I pull my finger out and fit my P2R Throttle Body Spacer I might be able to see if it produces the 14bhp it is reported to.....

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right then...
There is about a 2 month waiting list, so we will be looking at February time before we can get it sorted. Should give me time to get my car running properly :-(
It will be £35 a head as long as we get more than 10 cars Should be easy between us and vectra-c. He can do up to 30 cars a day as long as they arent all dropped on their arses.
He can do week days or saturday. Personally a Saturday would be best for me, but well see whats best for people in general.
Once I have rough interest levels ill sort a deffinate date. Once we have a definate date I will need a £5 deposit off people, and people will go on the RR in the order that I receive the deposits, not the order you show interest.

So lets start a list of interested members, so I can at least check we should make the 10. I apreciate not knowing an exact date makes it difficult but rough numbers will do for now.

1)s_zigmond
2)robbo_51
3)norton
4)vb type s Gt

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
On the rollers tomorrow with mine. Nice benchmark from Coste to aim for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would prefer a Saturday but to be honest I will just get the day off so not an issue for me.... As long as its not half term holidays in Feb as I will be away....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Saturday best for me. Will see if my mate wants To bring his roc along

·
Registered
299 Posts
one of mt fellow mps buddies is interested in coming along as well if thats ok, so can you add another to the list.

cheers

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one of mt fellow mps buddies is interested in coming along as well if thats ok, so can you add another to the list.

cheers

Cool the more cars the better.

Will have to get some dates sorted in the next couple of days and then see which is most popular.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Will come down to meet up with you all.
Sadly no point in putting my CRV on the rollers though. Paul cannot get a true reading of the output. Trouble being with it being 4WD with a variable coupling his road cannot map the output accurately.
Speaking to him this morning he said he got the very best out of the engine and it should be in line with Coste's or maybe a tad more.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Hi Coste, Paul said that the standard intercooler was very efficient and he didn't see any more gains to be had by changing it.
I was prepared to upgrade it if it would give me a higher output.
I was pleased with the base line output of the engine (standard spec) as it mapped at 281lbs ft torque @2100rpm!
I didn't expect it to be so high, maybe it was down to the 55k miles + the 2 stroke added to the fuel.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Exactly so.
With both our cars being fitted with Kestral clutches, Paul could map the engines to ideal settings.
I had some variable factors working in my favour on the day.....It was cold and the 2 stoke added made for a cleaner burn so the fueling could be slightly higher without generating much soot out from the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts