2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Just got myself a civic from a Corsa and looking at upgrading the stereo.

I've got a single din alpine stereo from my old car which I'd like to fit but a lot of the threads I've read say I will loose the satnav and the climate/clock screen, is there a way to keep them both but install a single din?

I have a 2010 EX, are there any chances that the Santa controls can come out and pop in underneath or above a single din and retain the functionality?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there are people on this forum that know a bit more about this than me but I very much doubt if this can be done as it is all designed to work together. I can't see how you can get rid of half of it and the other half still work properly as I presume it is all one unit just like the non sat nav head unit is.

As soon as you unplug all the plugs from the head unit you lose everything on the climate/clock screen, and the aftermarket steering wheel control interface that retains the use of the steering wheel buttons and the climate/clock display only works on the non sat nav models.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You will lose the sat nav when fitting a aftermarket headunit. Iirc most people switch over the satnav unit for a standard one and then run a headunit but i do know it is possible to maintain the satnav part by sticking its control module in the glovebox to keep it running however this is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, I thought as much.

Guess I'll have to look at fitting an amp to the output, cause i really need more power it seems to have a low power stereo.

·
4,358 Posts
Then an aftermarket 25kW amp with a volume control that goes to 11 it is then.:D
When the time comes, you can get hearing aids free off the NHS, so for goodness sake don't go paying Specsavers for them. :eek: Problem is that their vol control only goes to +-5.:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then an aftermarket 25kW amp with a volume control that goes to 11 it is then.:D
When the time comes, you can get hearing aids free off the NHS, so for goodness sake don't go paying Specsavers for them. :eek: Problem is that their vol control only goes to +-5.:eek:
Hahaha :D I don't go that mad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts