2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to harp on about the nav.

When trying to navigate to a postcode, have you noticed you dont get the option for the house number?

If you navigate to street/city you can.

I go to sme addresss where the street is miles long, so would like to enter the postcode, then the house number and be done, but instead i have to type the whole street/city/house number.

Anyone else noticed this, or a way around it?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Yup, I've noticed this - and the fact that I can't enter just a town to navigate to (Centre of town function on TomTom). :(

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Yup, I've noticed this - and the fact that I can't enter just a town to navigate to (Centre of town function on TomTom). :(
Yes you can. Enter the menu and select POI. Select 'place' and enter the 'Name' of the Town or village and choose 'List'.

One of the selections is 'City Centre', choose and let it load the route (or select 'View Destination').

Move the map curser on the destination and position it on the road/area you want, press 'Enter' and that's your destination set.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Nice! Thanks for that Allan! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry to harp on about the nav.

When trying to navigate to a postcode, have you noticed you dont get the option for the house number?

If you navigate to street/city you can.

I go to sme addresss where the street is miles long, so would like to enter the postcode, then the house number and be done, but instead i have to type the whole street/city/house number.

Anyone else noticed this, or a way around it?
Yup I have noticed this too. Have to say that there are quite a few usability faults in the whole nav/audio system that I am not happy about.

my list:
postcodes (no house numbers)
track names (a terrible implementation! listing songs alphabetically??)
climate (lots of wasted space on the climate screen, not showing which mode it is in till you press the button)

It would be nice if Honda issued an update to address some of these. I bet some of them wouldn't be too hard to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts