2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those codes both relate to the rail pressure being low. Less likely reasons are...
Restriction in the fuel line
Restricted fuel filter (which you've ruled out)
Dodgy fuel pump
Sticking fuel pump m-prop solenoid

More likely reasons are...
Leaking rail valve (try driving around with the output line diverted into a bottle?)
Injector leak-back has become excessive.

I'd recommend that you crack on and test this last thing! The live test refers to the injector operation, specifically how balanced the delivery into the cylinders is, based on individual piston force/speed at idle. As you probably know, injectors are calibrated and have an IQA code that is entered into the ECU to make sure they all work equally. However the Bosch EDC16 ECU will additionally 'trim' the injector fuel delivery to give an equal measured balance, up to ±5mg per injector, and that trim figure is what the live test shows. But just because the trim figures are in range, it doesn't mean that the leak-back volumes haven't become excessive!
With the Injector back test coming back as normal I want to rule out everything else before I take the Injectors out, now my problem started after I gave it a service I replaced the fuel filter with a bosch filter that was off ebay when I started to get the problems I instantly thought fake ebay filter so ordered one from euro car parts that did not solve anything so then I went to honda and bought a genuine one and this also didn't solve anything.

My question is is there a filter/ valve on top off the filter housing that might of got damaged or might be stuck? It just puzzles me that it only started to happen after a fuel filter change, iv had the car checked for leaks and it has none

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a quick update iv had access to another crv so I have swapped some parts over to see if it fixed the issue but unfortunately not

I have replaced both ends of the common rail I replaced the pump pressure relagator and I have replaced the fuel filter previously and my faults are the same.

Iv even took the egr blanking plate off incase that was causing it some how but I'm not sure what to check next I can only think of the fuel sendor in the tank? Fuel pump and injectors.

Any help is appreciated and I will keep this updated untill I solve it or burn it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate, it is now 4 years later, did you ever manage to fix this or did you get rid of the car before solving it? I'm having exactly the same symptoms (car gives a big jerk under hard acceleration and throws exact same codes), so far haven't been able to identify the issue. Changed Fuel Filter, Air Filter, cleaned EGR (and also later blanked it), tested injector flow, among other small things. Next thing on my list to try is the Fuel Pressure Relief Valve

21 - 24 of 24 Posts