2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have a decent 9G section but everyday we seem to have posts about 8G models. Can Admin / Mods put a thread about posting in the right section. I have reported 3 errors today.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
We now have a decent 9G section but everyday we seem to have posts about 8G models. Can Admin / Mods put a thread about posting in the right section. I have reported 3 errors today.
Easily done, chill
People post in the wrong section regularly, usually new people, no harm done

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am chilled. It's just I have been on car forums for nearly 20 years, 5 of which I was administrator and have not seen so many wrong postings. Perhaps it's a Honda thing :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Keeps Krem on his toes... ;)

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
The 8gen used to be there, It moved down when 9gen went on, that maybe why.
I've done it. Not on purpose.

If the person doesn't even read to see if its the correct forum that their posting in what makes you think they'll read a post telling them to make sure they post in the right forum?

Your probably doing the best thing that you can, by reporting the posts.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
The 8gen used to be there, It moved down when 9gen went on, that maybe why.
I've done it. Not on purpose.

If the person doesn't even read to see if its the correct forum that their posting in what makes you think they'll read a post telling them to make sure they post in the right forum?

Your probably doing the best thing that you can, by reporting the posts.
Fair point and they will probably not even read this reposting of the fact they won't read the original post advising they have posted in the wrong section.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
The fact it was originally a 8th gen forum and 80+ % are 8th gen owners I would suck it up till the 10th gen comes out and gets it's section. If it's good enough there won't be any confusion! As most 8 generation owners will miss out the car with the ducks arse - no type s and no type r until 2015!!!
Tbh- I think the next type r will be g10 not 9, lets be honest 6 years Into the production run for performance model! VW, Ford and vauxhall fans would hang the company out to dry!
Just my 2p.s worth toodle pip ;)

Reactions: misterk

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Why don't you just ignore the 8th Gen posts? Can't see why it'd bother a person so much to make a thread about people who have posted in the wrong section.

I reckon only about 5% of users on here have a 9th Gen, if that. so theres always going to be people accidentally posting in the wrong section. There are mods in place here, they'll do their job so just ignore the threads for the time being.

Well done on the 5 year Administrator job, so talented.

Reactions: dbbfd2

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
:D

If you spot one just use the 'report' button so we get better indication of it. I try to view as many posts as possible but a little help is gratefully received.
What he said :D

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Case closed. Going to spend a few days chilling at the hospice.:(

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I have just one thing to add to this: It's great when members take the time to show their interest in the site and report issues or highlight areas we need to look at and we are always grateful for that input.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts