2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with Type R :)
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pothole was located just as joining the M6 at J6 on the right hand sliplane.

Honda want £329 for a replacement alloy and a local garage want £145 to fit a Falken 225/35/19

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Dear god! Ive never seen a pot hole damage an alloy that bad. I seen kurbing at high speed like that.

Find out if the authorities knew about the pot hole before you hit it. As if they did they ARE liable for the cost.

Same thing happend to my old man years back and he got costs covered.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted the highways agency who look after the motorway but unfortunately i wont hear back from the claims department for upto 15days.

£474 down the drain in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I've contacted the highways agency who look after the motorway but unfortunately i wont hear back from the claims department for upto 15days.

£474 down the drain in the meantime.
Something similar happened to a mate of mine on his motorbike and he eventually got the money back from the local council. I'm sure highways will refund you, after all aren't we meant to be paying road tax for nice smooth roads?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Looking at that it may have damaged more than just your wheel, get it checked out now and reported as they wont accept it later if you find something bent ect.
good luck claiming.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hope thats not the case :( I'll try and get the wheel sorted first so i can get it to a Honda garage to be checked over.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
That's shocking - really sorry to see that mate!

I know the exact one you are on about - It's been there over a week. Got me worried now as I went over it (or into it) too! I guess it will have got worse since I hit it, and it was pretty awful then! :mad:

I cannot believe it hasn't been sorted out - just another example of the mess this country is in.

Hope you get the car sorted - let us know if there is any other damage too - really hope there isn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts