2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just recently got my alloys Powder coated, and i have noticed the ride is much harsher and the steering wheel vibrates much vigorously over pot holes. The guy that done them said he balanced all 4 wheels. Has he done them properly? Can someone help please on what to do to fix them because the harsh ride is really starting to annoy me!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
First thing to do is check the pressures. If they've been left at popping-the-bead-on kinda pressures it will be rather firm.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. They were inflated to around 34/35psi so I reduced them to 30psi. There was a slight improvement but nowhere near as what it used to be like before I got them done.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Really? That's odd. Other then way over pressure tyres (34/35psi is about right) I can't imagine what would make that big a difference to the ride..

EDIT: Has he got the tyres on the right way round? If they're directional or 'sided' and they're wrong that wouldn't help.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, prior to getting them done I was happy with the ride until I had them powdercoated. The ride has became much harsher and if I drive over a pothole the steering suddenly vibrates making it a unpleasant ride. I'm not too sure about the tyres, I will get my local garage to check them for me and get them re-balanced hope this helps cos it's really starting to annoy me

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
You can check the rotation easily. Just look on the side-wall and make sure it doesn't say 'inside' or have a arrow pointing the wrong way.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He refitted the tires I had on the alloys since i bought the car new from Honda last year, all 4 tires still have around 4.5mm and have covered around 9500 miles. They are bridgestones

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
It will be nothing to do with the alloys themselves as long as you got the same ones back and it wasn't an exchange job.

Steering vibration is usually the balancing.

Bridgestone make a lot of tyres so it's hard to tell you if yours are directional or asymmetric. Either way, it will say on the side wall if they are directional as it will have a big arrow and "rotation" on it. With the arrow at the top of the wheel, the arrow should be pointing to the front of your car. If they are asymmetric it should say "outside" on them unless they've been put on the wrong way then it should say "inside".

Tyre pressures vary from the petrol to the diesel, and I've not been able to find if you've posted what you have.

Tyre Pressures - Civinfo Wiki

1 - 13 of 13 Posts