2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a quote of 240 quid to powder coat my rotas inclusive of vat and i believe it includes tyre removal and refitting but will check.....

so any thoughts on price and colour? and anyone have any experience of SEM in sunderland they have been refurbing wheels for 20yrs that i know of

sent from my phone

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I had my type r alloys done last august.
I paid £190 which included repair to the rim edges, tyres removes/refitted and balanced.
That was done local to me so just a idea of prices. I had quotes from other places which were up to £300-£350 depending on colour and if its wheels only or the car being left with the company.

I think white suits the colour of you car of maybe a dark gunmetal.

Reactions: coste1l

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
i agree buddy but it limits other things i dont think white would look right with a carbon bonnet or a black roof for instance
I agree with you there. Im having the same problem, i love white wheels and neverreally been a fan of dark wheels on red but to go dark opens up more options, ie having a coloured lip which allows me to have a colour scheme through to the engine bay that isnt red or white. If you want to add carbon or a small amount of a bright colour go dark. Gloss black scrubs up really well just looks naff when dirty

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Lee I'll ask the lad who did mine of hondanortheast ? I got mine shot blasted pre-baked & powder coated & wait for it wait for it ........... All in £120 ;) but my alloys didn't have tyres on ? I will txt him & see if he is still doing it as he moved jobs & he only works in Washington ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
i agree buddy but it limits other things i dont think white would look right with a carbon bonnet or a black roof for instance
If ypu planning on going down the route of a carbon bonnet or black roof i would either go gloss black or gunmetal (same as mine) then.
Just need to stock up on tyre shine lol.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
its about £50 down here per wheel, colour wise i would go for black blue mix

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I think gunmetal would look great with the colour of your car Lee. Possibly bronze.

SEM do a lot of work for our directors cars, only heard good stuff about them and they seem to be the main wheel refurb company in the NE most people recommend.

Price seems not so bad but I would try and lower the price with a quote from a rival company or pay in cash. I used Pristine Wheels to refurb my Rage alloys, free pick up and delivery back.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
£240 sounds good to me @ £60.00 per wheel.

I had mine done PC Anthracite and reckon they look ok (but then I would)

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Lee I'll ask the lad who did mine of hondanortheast ? I got mine shot blasted pre-baked & powder coated & wait for it wait for it ........... All in £120 ;) but my alloys didn't have tyres on ? I will txt him & see if he is still doing it as he moved jobs & he only works in Washington ;)

Iv also got his number- works at sparkle coatings. I was charged 40 quid an alloy. They don't have a tyre balancer/remover on site and the garage next door's machine couldn't handle a 40 profile. So you would have to get the tyres taken off and refitted elsewhere.
Stella blast (stella gill industrial est.)in chester-le-street are also worth a look. Had a set of wheels done in a metal flake gloss black on an old fiesta. That was around the 200 quid mark all in.

Reactions: coste1l

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Yeah mark does a good job £45 a alloy that's the tyres off & back on ;) just spoke to him today ;) shot blasted pre baked powder coated then baked off again ;) I have had 2 sets done to mine ;)

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
I could do with somewhere good in the Northwest to refurb mine. I got sprayed glass black and i got ripped off and he went bump. He's started back up in Blackburn. He's gonna get a surprise visit :(

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I could do with somewhere good in the Northwest to refurb mine. I got sprayed glass black and i got ripped off and he went bump. He's started back up in Blackburn. He's gonna get a surprise visit :(
A friend got his A4 wheels done in ancharite at Smart Wheels, just outside Manchester city centre, just off Oldham road rings a bell.

18" wheels, £45.00 each, they did a top job, looked brand new.

They arrived at smart wheels in a really bad state, he had carried on driving for a mile or so with a puncture (insert typical stupid Audi driver here), plus a bit of kerbing on the others.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.