2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of the Power Flow cat-back exaust systems. If yes any thaughts?

Cause my local do them and was thinking of fitting one.

also has anyone used "topgearhayes" garage for any mods?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Has anyone heard of the Power Flow cat-back exaust systems. If yes any thaughts?

Cause my local do them and was thinking of fitting one.

also has anyone used "topgearhayes" garage for any mods?
Aparently they're pretty good. Find out how much if you don't mind as I'll probably get the same ;)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Powerflow as far as I know are franchised and it really depends on the individual franchise how good the systems are.

I'd suggest getting positive reviews before parting with your cash, which probably goes for any exhaust fabricator. Building a system is an art and I've seen how it should be done properly. A system built for you in the space of 2-3 hours is unlikely to be done with any level of care and attention.

I know of a select few who've spoken highly of the Powerflow outfits they've used but personally every Powerflow system I've seen has been bad-shocking. Cars I've bought with Powerflow systems already fitted included bad welding, ridiculous use of slip joints, clamps and some imaginative use of cable ties and hose clips (yes hose clips!).

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
One of my previous cars had a powerflow made by a garage in Southampton and it was fantastic! Quality, looks and sound were spot on. I did look at getting another but with a Milltek on the horizon I've left it for now.

As above says you can't make a decent exhaust in a couple of hours so a decent garage will need your car for most of the day. You'll need to explain and even show them exactly what you want and hang around as long as possible. Any fitter who is proud of their work and plans on doing a good job won't mind you watching.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
ive called them up before because i was interested. From what i can remember, it was something like £150 for a back box and just over £300 for a catback. Ive heard that they can be tuned to what sound you like.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
IMO the civic should be cheaper as it doesn't need a fancy backbox. :) shop around first, but they're worth considering of that particular franchise is any good.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
ive called them up before because i was interested. From what i can remember, it was something like £150 for a back box and just over £300 for a catback. Ive heard that they can be tuned to what sound you like.
Does anyone mind finding out one for me? I.e a price for just the backbox I live in the Essex area and keep getting stupid quotes for all this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aparently they're pretty good. Find out how much if you don't mind as I'll probably get the same ;)
I had a quotation from topgearhayes for a powerflow Cat-back and he quoted me £350 and it takes around 2hr for the whole job and I can wait and watch them do it.

He also said that the price excludes any fancy cover at the end, so as long as I keep the triangular exaust that's the price. Is that pricy? cause i havent checked anywhere else.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes and the garage told me we can make it sound the way you like it. So it all depends on personal taste on how noisy i want it.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Ive got a powerflow exhaust system, i know its the 2.2 diesel, but aparrently its the same as the type r! anyway mine cost just under £400 and took around 5 hours if i remember correctly,

its nice having ane off unique exhaust :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive got a powerflow exhaust system, i know its the 2.2 diesel, but aparrently its the same as the type r! anyway mine cost just under £400 and took around 5 hours if i remember correctly,

its nice having ane off unique exhaust :)
What did u do with your old exaust.? Did u let them chuck it away or can it be sold on ebay or something?

I'm going tomorrow to book my car in. I guess power flow it is can't wait to hear it ;)

I think I should start a mod progress thread as I'm planning to do some bits and pieces

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
scrap the twin exit and huge backbox to save weight and money
The martelius is at least half the size haha :p

Even the piping is alot lighter !

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
IT CAN'T !! :(

No one will stand in the ice whilst i drive around!! :facepalm:
I might tape my phone to the rear bumper ?? Sellotape is strong enough right ?? :popcorn: hahaha

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
You realise i live in manchester; right ??

I wouldn't even get the chance to place it down... it'd be gone before i knew it !!

I'll miether someone :p it'll get done!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.