2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Lukas from Austria, i`ve been watching and reading over 1,5 year never really having time to participate(sorry), since i've bought my Type S i-ctdi, advantage pack or how it's called here in Austria.

After i've got a line of problems sorted out - many of them thanks to civinfo - a new one arrived - the most disturbing until now (38K Km).
To keep it simple: my engine is warmed up, for the first time in 5th oder 6th gear when I fully accelerate, the hand goes very fast near 2900 rmp drops down 2400 rmp (sometimes it happens twice, sometimes only once) and thand moves slowly up again with the car accelerating after that it happens never again until the engine is shut down and started again. I`ve checked with my Honda dealership twice, the have no idea what could be the problem.
I quess it's not a slipping clutch cause it happens only once(or twice) and not every time. Enybody else experiencing the same problem?

P.S.
Pardon, my english! I've just got back from the stealer and I'm realy p**ed off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but, shouldn't it happen every time I reach 2900 and not only for the first time? I keep dropping under 2000 rmp and going over 3000 rmp after it happened, but after that every thing works smoothly. With a slippin' clutch would this keep happennin' every time I get pass 2900 rmp? (sorry I am a total newb to modern engines)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It does sound like a slipping clutch, but I have no idea why it should only do it once (unless the slipping warms the clutch up a but and gives it more grip - except that normally the clutch overheats and makes less grip).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see today a guy from Honda Austria will risk a look at it, I'll post the result.

P.S.

New feature discovered:oops:: the window on the right side not working, the switch is clicking but nothing happens - it's a neverending story (need to get the OST). How do you guys manage to stay in love with your car after so many problems? Just playing GNR's "Used to love her" on the radio, perfectly fitting my moods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just come back from the stealer, the Honda Austria mechanic saw the problem, had also no idea what could be wrong, they've made over 200km test driving, filmed the whole thing and send it to Swindon, I'll should be expecting their call around January the 7th. They've had just no idea, what's to be expected from Swindon? Are they competent? should I wait or should I get rid of the car ASAP?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats definitely true, but that "piece" cost me only 10,-€ not 26.000,-€.
hmm, we won't be getting a Dr. Pepper cola for every civic owner if Honda gets the 09 model right, do we? :p

I've decided to wait and see what they've to say, it's still the best looking car in it's class so I'am not fond of getting us apart but the build quality might force me to make the hard decision. Honda need to go back to building some quality vehicles and stop making weird decisions (F1, Quality, Service etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts