2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This morning I had an issue whereby the power steering light stayed on upon startup and I had a picture of a wheel on my display. I then went to pull away and had to be superman to turn the wheel even slightly lol.

I then turned the engine off and on again a few times and it kept happening. Eventually when I tried applying pressure to the wheel as I turned the engine on it seemed to fix it and since then hasn't returned in the 10 or so startups today.

I had the battery and alternator checked tonight and they are both healthy so does anyone else have experience of this issue and what solved it?

I have only had the car a couple of weeks it is a 56 plate diesel. Private sale. No warranty.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Mine did it two or three times a few months ago, but it's been fine since. Fingers crossed 😕

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did it two or three times a few months ago, but it's been fine since. Fingers crossed 😕

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
So it does it on cold mornings I've noticed no other times. I give the wheel a pull when turn the engine on and this seems to relieve the pressure and make the light go off so the power steering is fully functional. Hope I'm not doing any long term damage...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts