2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note regarding power steering on my Honda Civic EX 2007, for some reason this morning as I was driving along I got a ping from the dashboard followed by an orange steering wheel sign then suddenly lost all steering assist.

Fortunately I managed to keep it rolling and got off the road ok by fighting the wheel.

Once I had turned off the engine I restarted it and it seems to be ok again, has anyone else had this problem? could it be the start of some problem.

Obviously this is a major fault if I was travelling at speed.

Regards Brian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I have had this a couple of times on and off over 2 years, first started when I had new tyres fitted.... It's a sensor on the wheel not lining up properly. I took mine to local Honda garage they made minor adjustment foc all good now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, mine does (well did) this on really really cold mornings. I would start the car and almost instantly the steering would 'trip out'. I would leave the car to warm up for 5 mins, then turn it off and back on again, and all would be good.

Never had it happen at any other time, and never bothered taking it to the dealer because of all the other problems I have had, I just couldn't be assed!

Lewis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.