2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Over the last couple of days I have noticed the power steering on my 2007 Type R seems to be heavier.

I've checked the tyre pressures and fluid level, all fine. There are no clicks/rattles/knocks from the column.

Any ideas what this could be? Anything else I can check?

Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is your power steering warning light coming on which would indicate a fault in the control system. If not the steering rack may need lubricating. I am not sure about the 8th gen type R but on my daughters 7th gen the rack needs lubricating every 18 months or so.

Not sure what fluid level you have been checking as I thought all 8th gen civics have electric power steering and there is not fluid resevoir.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Not sure what fluid level you have been checking as I thought all 8th gen civics have electric power steering and there is not fluid resevoir.
Correct on the electric.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your power steering warning light coming on which would indicate a fault in the control system. If not the steering rack may need lubricating. I am not sure about the 8th gen type R but on my daughters 7th gen the rack needs lubricating every 18 months or so.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

No warning light at all! I will have a look to see if I can get to lubricate the rack at all!

I was checking the one next to the brake fluid :confused: To be honest I just assumed it was that one as I couldn't think what else it was :confused:

No wonder I leave things to the garage!!

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.