2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have a 2006 1.8 ES and yesterday I had the happy experience of switching the car on to a power steering warning light and no power steering. At which point I turned the car off and fortunately had other means of getting to work. When I got back from work last night I tried it again and of course now warning came up and the car seemed fine. Upon reading various posts on this forum I understand that this problem is more common than you’d expect from the Honda badge and it will most likely be the EPS control module?! I may have located a new unit where the first two lines are identical, see highlighted area. Can anyone tell me if this will be a straight swap for my existing unit in which case I could hopefully carry out the job myself? Any help would be brilliant as I am pretty stressed out about this as finances are tight and the thought of sending the car to Honda for a diagnostic/fix fills my wallet with fear.

Attachments

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,312 Posts
My Wife has a Fiat Punto and at one point it felt as though the Power Steering was on its way out. On investigation it was a simplet case of the battery was Goosed and after replacing battery haven't had a problem since. How old is your battery and have you had it checked out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts