2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Engine has been idling a bit rough recently, probably due to running on Supermarket petrol?

I am know using BP Ultimate again, has stopped uneaven idle in traffic and jerky acceleration in first. But I am getting a bit of a surge a 7500 rpm when the acceleration seems to stop then suddenly accelerates?

I pressume the injectors are slightly clogged etc and will clean themself the more I use BP Ultimate, has anybody else come across this and sorted it out?

Regards

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
It's possible that your fuel simply contains too much water and/or your fuel filter is clogging up, the cheapest option would be to first drive the tank near-empty and then have the fuel filter replaced

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Your running your CTR on Supermarket fuel ??? If it's a pricing issue at least use std un leaded at a proper petrol station. One of the reasons why supermarket fuel is cheap is that they do not put as many ( if any additives)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know I should use good petrol!

But no BP or Shell stations near me?

The engine revs cleanly in first and second the surge is only noticable in THIRD?

:confused:

Pauses momentarily?

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Your running your CTR on Supermarket fuel ??? If it's a pricing issue at least use std un leaded at a proper petrol station. One of the reasons why supermarket fuel is cheap is that they do not put as many ( if any additives)
I've been using Tesco superunleaded (97RON) all the time recently as i get 5p per litre off, with no detrimental effects whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
must admit i have noticed a difference using superunleaded
as a friend said to me when you get the taste you seem to stay with it
As the engine says to itself umm thats nice!!!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Yes I know I should use good petrol!

But no BP or Shell stations near me?

The engine revs cleanly in first and second the surge is only noticable in THIRD?

:confused:

Pauses momentarily?

Move then !!! the car is more important !

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello

Taken car back to dealers, have put it on the diagnostic and found no problem, checked that the latest software was loaded.

They have checked with HONDA and no answer to the problem?

Have been told they may want the car to try to replicate the fault!! ie vtecing in the first three gears....................................:confused:

Slightly loath to leave my car with the garage to get thrash. But the problem still persists even using premium fuel?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Slightly loath to leave my car with the garage to get thrash. But the problem still persists even using premium fuel?
I don't see why, the engine is pretty robust. You may want to double check the oil level yourself 1st tho.

The thrashing issue is irrelevant IMO, the skills of the test driver is another matter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Taken car back today because the engine was still running rough! and also because my Alarm had stopped working again (No Horn?)

Well they found out what was wrong and it was a wet spark plug lead where the lead meets the spark plug? Say it is okay know (fingers crossed)

Also tested the alarm and tested the battery, was told that the battery voltage should be 12.4 volts or above for the alarm to work properly? and my battery was tested as 12.3 Volts! and if the problem persisted they would have to have my car back and do further test?

Hope this might help someone else..........................:)

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts