2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
something my dealer said when I picked up my Sport+ that i'd like your view on...

He said not to run the stereo on accessory mode as it would drain the battery in around 10 mins. Really doesn't add up to me.
The battery in the 1.5 is bigger then my old gen8 1.8 (I used the stereo on accessory mode a lot on it). Ok, the header on this model has a large tft and the high output amp etc, but 10 mins, really? If you had absolutely everything known to man in the car turned on, ok...
My head says if that were the case why would Honda give an accessory mode and why isn't it mentioned in the manual.

Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi guys,
something my dealer said when I picked up my Sport+ that i'd like your view on...

He said not to run the stereo on accessory mode as it would drain the battery in around 10 mins. Really doesn't add up to me.
The battery in the 1.5 is bigger then my old gen8 1.8 (I used the stereo on accessory mode a lot on it). Ok, the header on this model has a large tft and the high output amp etc, but 10 mins, really? If you had absolutely everything known to man in the car turned on, ok...
My head says if that were the case why would Honda give an accessory mode and why isn't it mentioned in the manual.

Any input appreciated!
I run mine for 3/4 of a hour regularly with no problems .:surprise: it will auto switch off before it flattens the battery anyway .

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Yes I think they are being a bit cautious. Most cars have a one hour mode for radio etc. And modern electronics know when to turn something off if battery getting a bit low.

Edit, Just read above post..

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
If your stereo would be able to drain a 12V 60 Ah (?) battery in just 10 minutes, it'd mean that it uses 4320 W. Even when it would just be a tiny 10 Ah battery, you'd end up with 720 W.

So just no, if your stereo is able to drain your battery in 10 minutes, your car wouldn't start anymore and the battery needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
If you have the My Honda Connect Dongle installed to your car you can check the vaults of your battery on your smartphone .:wink3:
haha yeh, the returned voltage seems to drop after a run rather than increase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts