2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 9th gen civic and have a problem with a window not closing. It goes up to the top but immediately reverses back down. It looks like it will need a new motor or similar.

Does anyone know whether this proceedure will work on the vehicle or whether it is only for the previous generation/s

Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

Thanks in advance

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Just got a new 9th gen civic and have a problem with a window not closing. It goes up to the top but immediately reverses back down. It looks like it will need a new motor or similar.

Does anyone know whether this proceedure will work on the vehicle or whether it is only for the previous generation/s

Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

Thanks in advance
No harm in trying it mate. Let us know how this goes and good luck :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes that'll fix it. Obviously you've checked there's no obstructions in the run channels?? When you operate it manually (not auto) can you get it all the way to the top? Don't forget, the attached procedure only tells you how to erase the memory of the top positions. You'll need to re-teach them after.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Ta for the replies. There are no blockages in the channels. I'm a bit nervous of doing anything at all as I don't want to damage it. It will go to the top manually using very careful pulses. Anything more than a split second and it zooms right to the top and auto reverses.
How do I re-teach it ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Once you erase the memory just hold the switch up in the manual position. When it gets to the top just keep it held there for a second. That's it. It's low risk, don't worry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow seems easy. Is this in the service manual / data ? The tec at my garage didn't seem to be aware of it.
Thx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well yes it is easy, but it is a hidden function. Techs may or may not be aware of it, but it is probably info that is available to them if they search their systems. I'm surprised that somebody has posted it to a forum and in that format as it looks like it has been lifted straight from a Honda secret document.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got to the bottom of this. The 9th gen does not use the reset procedure above. It's much simpler. Remove the battery and remove the fuse (not sure which one as the dealer did it). put it back and put battery back on. Then everything will be OK.
So the reset procedure is NOT for 9th gen cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had this exact same issue. Tried the reset procedure (doesnt appear to work on this model). Took it to the dealer who diagnosed that a new window regulator was required. Had it fitted earlier this week, problem now resolved. Given 9th Gen cars should all still be in warranty, just take it to the dealer to sort. Mine even picked up the car and returned it to my place of work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts