2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the front speakers on my car yesterday and now my windows won't work, They are stuck in the up position. I have checked fuses, the button to disable them, disconnected the battery for half an hour, done the reset procedure and still nothing? I have had the door card off about 3 times to check everything and can't see anything. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I didn't get a notification for your reply.
yes I have also tried it on the passengers side
think im going to remove the mirror mod kit just to eliminate it although it shouldn't be that

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Tried this

Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

Code:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Move the driver's or passenger's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver's or front passenger's door.
NOTE: 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Push and hold the driver's or passenger's window DOWN switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.
8. Repeat 4-7 three more times.
9. Wait 1 second.
10. Confirm that UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO do not work. If UP AUTO and DOWN work, go back to 1.
11. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's window UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO functions.

If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried this

Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

Code:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Move the driver's or passenger's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver's or front passenger's door.
NOTE: 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Push and hold the driver's or passenger's window DOWN switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.
8. Repeat 4-7 three more times.
9. Wait 1 second.
10. Confirm that UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO do not work. If UP AUTO and DOWN work, go back to 1.
11. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's window UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO functions.

If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.
Tried this one but I can't get the window down to start with?

will try this in the morning [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggestions. It must have been something to do with my mirror mod kit, removed it and now they work fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts