2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago someone bought me a Ring auto cut-off tyre inflator.

It was useless because it had a screw on valve attachment and to get it off, after getting the right pressures, I was losing about 2 or 3 psi as it hissed away during unscrewing.

My footpump has a quick release mechanism and I lose nothing.

Any decent auto-cut off ones out there that don't have this issue on the 9G?

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
I have a ring inflator. Just go 1 psi above what you want and unscrew more quickly.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
:laugh:

I did try but I wasn't sure I had the correct pressures.
Why not purchase a tire pressure guage too? You just press it against the open valve and it gives the current pressure. I use mine when I check tyre pressures once a month. It's very quick to use.

I also have an auto-stop inflator that has a screw on valve attachment. I do as stated above and slightly over inflate. I can then use the tyre pressure guage to release a little if it is over by not holding it firmly against the valve

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's sort of what I do with my footpump.

What I'm trying to get is one with a quick release or one that doesn't excessively hiss air during removal.

Being as the majority of these do now have the screw on connectors it must be the valves Honda use.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A few years ago someone bought me a Ring auto cut-off tyre inflator.

It was useless because it had a screw on valve attachment and to get it off, after getting the right pressures, I was losing about 2 or 3 psi as it hissed away during unscrewing.

My footpump has a quick release mechanism and I lose nothing.

Any decent auto-cut off ones out there that don't have this issue on the 9G?
Is it the Ring with built in light?

If so I've got the same one and unscrewing it loses very little air. I find it to be the best pump I've ever owned and it has lasted for years so far.

I put a bit extra in and check with a decent digital gauge to adjust it to be spot on.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't remember now because I took it back. Must be something with the valves that Honda buy in

Reminds me, must look up some reviews on the Torq unit as they have a quick release.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts