2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently had my Powerslot discs fitted (thanks to Noxia for selling them to me ;) ) however, I'm a little concerned after my 150 mile round trip today that there is a thin raised groove in them (exactly the same both sides), piccys below. Is this normal? I've been very gently bedding them in (no hard stops, no pumping the pedal at high speeds etc...), they are no where near bed in yet as they don't feel at their best.

Anybody else have Powerslots that look like this? I'm a little concerned :facepalm:

Please excuse the dirt it's not worth cleaning it lately :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just been advised that because I've used my existing pads (EBC Redstuff) they would be set to my old discs.

I've decided that I have had enough of the Redstuff pads and am giving the Ferodo Premier pads a bash. (Didn't fancy shelling out for the DS2500 for now)

Has anybody had any experience of using Ferodo Premier pads? (I know they are OE quality)

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My own fault really. Didn't really want to change the pads because there was plenty left on them. But they are causing uneven wear to my discs and I've had enough of poor braking when pads are cold :(

I'm just hoping that these Ferodo Premier pads are going to be okay. I don't want to be going back to how it was when I bought it (poor brakes).

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Not very helpful to you but I've got ferodo premiers on the back of mine, cheap as chips (£18.00 I think) and was told they are only a couple of grades below the ds2500.

They seem good to me, I do have the HEL line kit plus the ds2500 and stoptech discs at the front.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Don't worry that is a high spot of the pad, They will wear in eventually and the mark will get bigger until it evens out, I had this with my greenstuff pads on my warped discs. When I changed the discs the green stuff pads evened out over time.

Just take your time thats all.;)

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
As others have said old pads on new discs have caused that.
Im on my 4th set of ferodo DS2500's! I really would recommend them over Ferodo Premiers, especially on a Type-R.

Did I mention Im selling a cheap set of BNIB Ferodo DS2500 FN2 rear pads in the For Sale section ;)
Nonetheless whether you are interested or not, I still recommend you to go for DS2500's if you want Ferodos :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Have you thought about the yellow stuff pads instead I'm running them all round and give good bite from cold and cheaply priced. I found the red stuff poor when cold and needed a good heat cycle to bite properly.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Nice one buddy,

Yeah I can sympathise that they wont be as effective as a BBK but the notion that they can be put back to stock relatively quick as appealing (saying that putting a BBK to stock would take the same amount of time ha). Plus I'm not track driving or anything like that, just feel the stock system although designed for the car, isnt that up to the standard I would have thought

Had a few looks at different pads but think the system your running ie the Cosworth Streetmasters looks the be the best set up, what brake lines are you running?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You using them all round?
Not yet. Pads in the rear are redstuff at the moment, replacing them in Sept for Cosworths to match the front ;)

Had a few looks at different pads but think the system your running ie the Cosworth Streetmasters looks the be the best set up, what brake lines are you running?
Do-Luck's all round mate with Motul 600 brake fluid.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Hey Parsco,

How are you finding the Powerslot discs?? sorely tempted to get some myself.

Thanks
I wanted a set and made some enquiries.

I was told from a couple of suppliers that they are no longer available. ie they stopped making the kits.
Even if you could get a kit, replacing the disks might be difficult, unless you go custom made,

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wanted a set and made some enquiries.

I was told from a couple of suppliers that they are no longer available. ie they stopped making the kits.
Even if you could get a kit, replacing the disks might be difficult, unless you go custom made,
Hmm, didn't realise they had stopped making them :confused:

Well it'll be an excuse to upgrade to the Stoptech's then my discs have had it :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.