2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi are these discs still available for the fn2? If so what's the price delivered?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeah that's what was thinking I may give them a call to double check they have stock :D
I they have stock, we'll buy what is left! Powerslot (Stoptech) don;t make the kit anymore so any old stock that is out there is worth getting :cool:

I'm sorry it doesn't help you though Gary. BBK? ;)

Rich

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with hondR this morning and they are currently trying to develop the 348mm discs as the powers lots are all out of stock :(

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I wouldn't buy a kit tbh as you can't replace the discs at a later date. Saying that they aren't a proper 2 piece disc - the nuts are merely for aesthetic reasons isn't that right ABP?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I wouldn't buy a kit tbh as you can't replace the discs at a later date. Saying that they aren't a proper 2 piece disc - the nuts are merely for aesthetic reasons isn't that right ABP?
The powerslots were a single piece 348mm disc and the dummy bolt heads were to give the illusion of a 2-piece disc. They did work very well and as a cost effective conversion that filled the wheels they were excellent. We sold well over 300 of these kits and were gutted when discontinued.

Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you thought about developing your own kit? Perhaps a proper two piece disc (hat and disc option) plus your own machined caliper bracket. I know reyland motorsport do their own brand brake kits for various fords that are similar and seem fairly cost effective. I'm not a fan of the stock brakes even with ds2500s and decent grooved discs, if I could go to 330mm discs or similar with a commensurate increase in performance I'd be very keen!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Have you thought about developing your own kit? Perhaps a proper two piece disc (hat and disc option) plus your own machined caliper bracket. I know reyland motorsport do their own brand brake kits for various fords that are similar and seem fairly cost effective. I'm not a fan of the stock brakes even with ds2500s and decent grooved discs, if I could go to 330mm discs or similar with a commensurate increase in performance I'd be very keen!
We have looked into this in the past but it just isn't viable as a cost effective option. STOPTECH can make a proper floating 2-piece disc in OE 300mm Type R sizes but the cost would be around £600 for just a pair of discs! Any larger options are difficult due to the thickness of the disc the OE caliper will take. There are lots of alloy bells and bigger rotors available but they are too thick for the OE caliper. We spoke at length with STOPTECH, Perfomance Friction and Tarox and it was not viable.

The STOPTECH 300mm Touring kit at £995 is great value for money though....

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts