2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as many of you may have read in my other thread - I have been at the dealers for warranty issues, that the techs are struggling to resolve.

Yesterday I went back to my dealer twice.

As I was leaving for the evening, finally... :rolleyes: I noticed a CW, the same Champ White one of my friends at the dealership was driving as his company car - the same Champ White I had test driven on a couple of occassions. :cool:

Being a friend of mine, coupled with the cars obvious uniqueness, and it essentially belonging to the dealership, I knew how well the car was looked after before it was sold to a member of the public as an approved ex-demo with 4k on the clock.

The guy who has picked it up has burnt the clutch after 5,000 miles - apparently it's driver inflicted and will be setting the owner, a very rich guy, back £2k to repair - Honda will not repair under warranty, rightily so :mad:

Guys, I tell you - the car had been majorly abused.. It shouldn't matter to me, on how one chooses to use their car, but as an enthusiast of the Type-R brand, the state of the sorry looking C/W disgusted me, and I was genuinely sad, as sad as that sounds, when I examined the cars body work.

- Wing mirror black scrapes/marks has if it had been clipped.
- Rear bumper, black scrapes/marks from knocks
- Passenger side skirt hanging off of the car
- Passenger Wheel Arch coming away from the car
- Lower front bumper hanging from the car
- State of the bonnet was dispicable
- Weed seeds all across the floor/seats of the car
- Obviously the burnt out clutch/drive shaft
- All four Alloys kerbed to hell, so much so that two of the wheels have rubber slits/gills in them

Just to highlight for the bodywork falling off the car - the car had not been in an accident at all - it had just not been cared for, knocks, bangs and scrapes appeared the norm for it.

It's a Champ White dammit!

Apparently the guy took the car to Marble Arch, where it wouldn't go into first gear - the attention the non-started grabbed, caused the owner to come effing 'n' blinding at the dealership - when the car was bought back to Honda on a truck.

People like me, cherish my car, and lament the niggles I'm having with mine - when others get faultess motors (in my experience with the C/W on the times I have driven it) and just don't appreciate the car, moreso given the ethos, and the significance of CW in the UK. What a prick.

Whilst the dealers don't feature very highly up my Christmas card list, through my convo with my mate yesterday he said that the guy was a complete and utter merchant banker when he proceeded with the sale.

So driver.. if your an enthusiast, which I doubt you are.. and you come on this website and read this - you disgust me! :rant:

I will grab pics next time at the dealers (soon, unfortuantely) and you can see for yourselves.

·
Registered
412 Posts
TypeRiter ....... Yo man ..... I know where ya comin from ..... On a different tangent i have seen guys with Harleys that dont give a rats A##S about there Motorcycle ...... To much money and no love ..... Left out in all weathers , never cleaned , chrome pitted , Black engine casing with corrosion goin on ....... And i am talkin Motorcycles with price tags of £ 30,000 plus ...... Even know one guy who spent £ 4000 on a fat rear chrome wheel ....And yes it was that cost ..... And then powder coat it black ..... Go figure .... Just like ya family .... Look after ya own man ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How did he burn clutch out i worry about mine because at high revs in first gear it sometimes doesnt go into second and crunches only happened 4 times but still concerned.
Not entirely sure yet. Not giving a damn, is probably one way I s'ppose.

My mate said that the car came in, in between my visits to the dealership (1pm & 4pm) yesterday - he said as the car had come in late and they had expectedly had other jobs on before it's arrival, they had not had an opportunity to assess the vehicle - but when they owner came in giving it large, the Head Tech sorta of made a diagnosis based on a quick attempt at trying to start the car, the noises/feeling of the clutch etc and what he had heard from the owner.

Josh, mate, the body was a disgrace..

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
lol...that is what you call a type r fan!!! wow you went into detail but goodness me look at that list through such a short space of time!!!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
its the same with pretty women, they go with the bungholes who treat them badly.

hmmm. I've said too much.....

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
So as many of you may have read in my other thread - I have been at the dealers for warranty issues, that the techs are struggling to resolve.

Yesterday I went back to my dealer twice.

As I was leaving for the evening, finally... :rolleyes: I noticed a CW, the same Champ White one of my friends at the dealership was driving as his company car - the same Champ White I had test driven on a couple of occassions. :cool:

Being a friend of mine, coupled with the cars obvious uniqueness, and it essentially belonging to the dealership, I knew how well the car was looked after before it was sold to a member of the public as an approved ex-demo with 4k on the clock.

The guy who has picked it up has burnt the clutch after 5,000 miles - apparently it's driver inflicted and will be setting the owner, a very rich guy, back £2k to repair - Honda will not repair under warranty, rightily so :mad:

Guys, I tell you - the car had been majorly abused.. It shouldn't matter to me, on how one chooses to use their car, but as an enthusiast of the Type-R brand, the state of the sorry looking C/W disgusted me, and I was genuinely sad, as sad as that sounds, when I examined the cars body work.

- Wing mirror black scrapes/marks has if it had been clipped.
- Rear bumper, black scrapes/marks from knocks
- Passenger side skirt hanging off of the car
- Passenger Wheel Arch coming away from the car
- Lower front bumper hanging from the car
- State of the bonnet was dispicable
- Weed seeds all across the floor/seats of the car
- Obviously the burnt out clutch/drive shaft
- All four Alloys kerbed to hell, so much so that two of the wheels have rubber slits/gills in them

Just to highlight for the bodywork falling off the car - the car had not been in an accident at all - it had just not been cared for, knocks, bangs and scrapes appeared the norm for it.

It's a Champ White dammit!

Apparently the guy took the car to Marble Arch, where it wouldn't go into first gear - the attention the non-started grabbed, caused the owner to come effing 'n' blinding at the dealership - when the car was bought back to Honda on a truck.

People like me, cherish my car, and lament the niggles I'm having with mine - when others get faultess motors (in my experience with the C/W on the times I have driven it) and just don't appreciate the car, moreso given the ethos, and the significance of CW in the UK. What a prick.

Whilst the dealers don't feature very highly up my Christmas card list, through my convo with my mate yesterday he said that the guy was a complete and utter merchant banker when he proceeded with the sale.

So driver.. if your an enthusiast, which I doubt you are.. and you come on this website and read this - you disgust me! :rant:

I will grab pics next time at the dealers (soon, unfortuantely) and you can see for yourselves.
Now lie down and take a few deep breaths;)

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I was gona say go take a drive in your car...but that mightn't help LOL!

It's as harleyfatboy says, all money and no love

.......................ON A STEEL WOK I FRY!!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Weed Seeds across the floor/seats of the car :rolleyes:

Wonder what job he does :confused:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sounds like the car has been used as a track car or been through a hedge. I'd be hopping mad if my clutch failed so early.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I don't really give a b-gger, as it's not owned by anyone on the forum.
Maybe he thinks that he is making a statement :- "I don't give a toss, cos I can afford it".
I know a few people like that, they use their 50k cars for the school run and the kids treat them so badly.
i.e. kicking the doors shut and sitting on the bonnets.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't really give a b-gger, as it's not owned by anyone on the forum.
Maybe he thinks that he is making a statement :- "I don't give a toss, cos I can afford it".
I know a few people like that, they use their 50k cars for the school run and the kids treat them so badly.
i.e. kicking the doors shut and sitting on the bonnets.
Yeah nor do I, it's no skin off of my nose.. but as an enthusiast, I was amazed at the state/lack of regard for the car.

Yeah I know it's only a £20k hot hatch, not some supercar etc. still though.. I'm sure you know what I mean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you know he hasn't just bought that car as a track day mobileeee? Surely a 'rich guy' could do something like that!

Not defending him as such because of the 'specialness' of the CW but do you know the full story?

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you know he hasn't just bought that car as a track day mobileeee? Surely a 'rich guy' could do something like that!

Not defending him as such because of the 'specialness' of the CW but do you know the full story?
Absolutely.

Based on the info my mate was telling me - he said, to his knowledge - it had not been tracked.. It had just been abused as a daily driver. :?

It looks like it too - it doesn't look like a car that's been thrashed, and is in need of a wash - it looks like something that's been treated like a runaround really. It's a joke to see the condition its in.

·
Registered
631 Posts
there is a 40k tourag outside the school everyday that gets abused by there kids,
seen one the other day running a toy car along the sides for about 10 mins while his mum just stud and chatted and didnt give a rats arse, my kids aint even aloud to bring there bikes on the drive incase they knock my cars....lol...

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
there is a 40k tourag outside the school everyday that gets abused by there kids,
seen one the other day running a toy car along the sides for about 10 mins while his mum just stud and chatted and didnt give a rats arse, my kids aint even aloud to bring there bikes on the drive incase they knock my cars....lol...
The wife don't wear heels in my car - or it's the tesco value mats that have to come out :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts